webroot has expired & I want to remove it, but when I go to uninstall ask for password I don't know

• 26 April 2015
  • 3 replies

webroot has expired & I want to remove it, but when I go to uninstall ask for password I don't know it... How can I remove the software so I can use something else?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi jpwgolf78

Welcome to the Community Forums.

You have previously password protected WSA, and now that you want to uninstall it you cannot remember the password?  Well, if that is the case then you will need to contact the Support Team, by Opening a Support Ticket, so that they can advise you on how to get around this.

I believe that there is a way of doing this but I am not aware of exactly how to achieve it, and even if I did know I would n ot want to braodcast it in open forum...for obvious reasons...so please open the ticket and some from Support shoudl be able to assist you.

Regards, Baldrick
Thanks, that is exacty what happened. Now I feel like im being held hostage and stupid at the same time... I will try and open a ticket...
Userlevel 7
Hi jpwgolf78

I would not be too hard on yourself...as I am sure that we either have all done this at some time or another or will do so. Hopefully, Support will be able to help.

Personally, I am more interested in what is causing you to foresake WSA...:S

Regards, Baldrick