webroot icon has a red exclamation mark over it

• 4 November 2015
  • 1 reply

Hello, 
My Webroot icon has a red exclamation mark over it.  Also when I open webroot it is color red with a hand in a red circle warning me that my expiration is about to expire with only 702 days left.  How can I get it to remove this items.

Thank  you,

Gustavo G

1 reply

Hello ?

Welcome to the Webroot Community.

Sorry to hear you're having problems.

While it is not common, sometimes while the number of days on the subscription correctly changes to reflect the renewal, the 'bit' that controls the status fails to get reset correctly.  Thus... it thinks it is still due to expire even though it shows the real correct number days remaining after the renewal.

So... give this a quick try:

• Open WSA
  • Click the Gear next to My Account
  • Re-enter your key code in the white box (The exact same key code you already have, possibly showing right next to the box)
  • Click Activate
  • Allow WSA to finish the requested scan
  • REBOOT the computer.

Usually this will fix the problem.  If it does not, a Clean Install will.  This obviously takes longer than simply re-entering the key code, but it still only takes a few minutes.  Here is how to do it.

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and don't import any settings if asked to as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again

Let us know if this fixes it!

BD