Solved

what antivirus package play well with webroot?

• 15 February 2015
  • 4 replies

what antivirus plays well with webroot?
icon

Best answer by Miquell 16 February 2015, 00:14

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi bert

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Most do...because WSA is designed to be compatible from the outset. Having said that we do know that there are or have been issues when running it with BitDefender.

But I would ask as to why you would want to run another AV at the sames time? Many of us here have 2nd opinion scanners for a periodic double check but very few run two full AVs together...with WSA there is just no need.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Hi bert,

Welcome to the Community!
@ wrote:
what antivirus plays well with webroot?
Well, Baldrick is right and I can fully confirm his opinion - definitely most of them :D
I've made some test a few months ago starting from Avast and ending at ZoneAlarm (over twenty programs) and I must admit that except Bitdefender and Kingsoft the rest of AV software had been working very well with WSA on my board.
Of course you can always use the protection exclusions to minimize conflicts between programs working in the real-time mode. In spite of these facts the main question was born - "Why should I use another AV software? Is it really neccessary for me?" Well, from some time I'm sure that definitely not, because Webroot delivers me all what I ever needed or wanted and I feel more secure having my WSA Complete as the first line of defense than ever before.

Regards,

Mike
Well thank you all for you posts. Thats all I really wanted to know and now feel secure. This Web root is really something!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

WSA sure is and it's the future and it's here now! How can the others keep up with more than 500,000 new Malware everyday and over a 143 million in 2014 alone but the WIN Cloud can: http://www.brightcloud.com/platform/webroot-intelligence-network.php

Cheers,

Daniel ;)