Solved

what i have to do webroot and lavadoft pro

Userlevel 2
Ok ok first hello to my dear comunity of cafein and insomnian crazy guys i love you look i catch a giveaway again of lavasoft i love how to work on my uncle pc but i am most paranoid and as i say you while i understand webroot it was as my second line defense layered . Avast definitively dont Works whith webroot i test it whith several configs and dont work it make a terrible slow Down and i try whith qihoo and my luck was horrible . I dont have a trash machine for personal use i can virtualize and olay games and rip dvds as a crazy . Ok ok u i am redundant sorry for work arround on circles. The fact was i win a licence of lavasoft pro and it have a Network monitor and a firewall and another sandbox here are the product specs http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_pro.php i know webroot was tremendously compatible incluse i hear some kasperky users use it alongside but i want to know if is needed some configuration what lavasoft misiles disanle because have firewall Network shield and sandbox

for now whitout exclusions Or disable things all aparently goes normal but i want to elude conflicts as much posible thanks for tour ansers good bless you
icon

Best answer by Baldrick 15 April 2014, 20:14

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi aktiffk

To be honest I do not think that you need something like Lavasoft to have layered defense.  I used to run WSA with Kaspersky Internet Security and have in the last year decided that WSA is sufficient as my primary layer of defense...and have then supplemented this with VoodooShield, as a secondary layer, with Malwarebyte Anti Malware as my on demand or back up scanner.

Whilst WSA will work well with other security suites I am now convinced that WSA is sufficient protection by itself, as the main layer.  And this has the added advantage of not imposing the drag of TWO mainline solutions on my PC (even though WSA is very light).

My recommendation to you is simple...use one or the other (and of course I will say that you should use WSA over Lavasoft) but not both together.

But is you are determined to use both products then just configure Lavasoft as WSA is clever enough to know how to work with another security application and will only jump in if the other apps lets something through.

Happy to answer any questions you may have on the subject.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:

I am now convinced that WSA is sufficient protection by itself 

The same for me, so I'm confirming as well! :D
SecureAnywhere works as primary and the only line of my defense against threats, although previously I used a lot of AVs, often in mutual connections. In this area I've already got a lot of experience.
In my opinion WSA is simply the best possible solution providing a sufficiently high level of security.
That's why I personally see no need to add any other layer of protecion (of course it is my subjective opinion). 
However, if you decide to use a different AV working real-time with Webroot it is worth remembering to add WSA to the list of allowed applications in other software settings.

Regards,

Mike

Userlevel 7
True MIke, and also conversely to add the other AV in WSA under the 'Block/Allowed Files' & 'Active Processes' as 'Allowed', etc.;)

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 2
Hello hello you dont sleep rigrth yeah i am seeing and testing i can not rating and no ser my whats App the people must hate me but i like this forum and learn to you ok ok

mother happy whith webroot and defender combo
cousin says webroot stand alone
in the office i think they love webroot whith another ligthweigth solution they are adict to pop ups as me
now for me i will give lavasoft to other people

i am still testing avira baidu qihoo and avast and always are inconvebience

i was kaspersky user before and gdata fan and bullguard fanboy i love cómodo philosophy not their products

whith a new computer who cost me more than 800 usd i can ser and say as my test and own experience webroot have a good detection and very agresive capabilities of removal viruses incluse i think more than bd Or kasper i stop to trust in avc and av test but my other side the pop up adiction is something difocult to let it out

every say avs have more and more things behabior shield Network shields and process managers include its difocult ser one who dont hace Cloud módem bases detection

but i think the people search for Windows stability and make it a real operating os . It have countless errors uninstall Bad the programa leave través every way and let viruses in and from one update to other have to formar. The compatibility center have a new error every say but have good tecnologoes cmd Windows re a image system backup a back hp file folders and Smart screen Or compatibility modes like hiper v.

i dont want kudo (ok i like kudos) and for that i worte too Long to dont recibe one on every post

what do you think my toolwiz to test my webroot alongside defender and winpatrol plus life time ...?????

its am interesting debate and enjoy ser tour experiences

express my gratitude again and tell you congratulstions for the comunity and supoort

go to eat god bless
Userlevel 7
Hi aktiffk

I am afraid that you will never convince me that a combo is worthwhile.  I have been there and seen the effect on systems...and so it is not something I recommend.  I appreciate that you are involved in security software through the website that you reference in your signature line, however I will pass on what your are advocating.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 2
Yes i like the Security tópica and like test and like ser to post in my site experiences abut Security soft and Windows mantaince i plain worte about webroot in my next post
Userlevel 7
I bid you a good night as I am now off to sleep. http://www.forumsextreme.com/images2/sFun_mornincoffee.gif  Perhaps see you tomorrow.  

Baldrick
Userlevel 2
Cheers
Userlevel 2
Good bigth
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Yes I agree with Baldrick about only using WSA. Win patrol has good system mechanics but not sure if all will work without problems...or complications. You really only need one source of protection and believe in your testing with just WSA will do the job for all your security needs.

Stay informed and hope we can answer your questions.

Sherry
Userlevel 2
Hello hello ssherjj always have some one here i must tell winpatrol Works well only if you install winpatrol affter webroot what about Windows defender combo ?

second what do you think are the most popular combos whith webroot ? Obvoudly functional i hear Great things from kingsoft
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello Aktiffk, I've heard that you can and I do run Microsoft windows Defender with WSA with Windows Vista and everything works perfectly. I haven't experienced any conflicts there..
I also run Malware Bytes and VooDoo Shield with WSAC on my other W7 OS without any issues...
Regards,
Sherry
Userlevel 7
Hi again aktiffk

I will say that in general WSA will work well with just about any mainstream security app...so I suspect that whatever combination you ask about the answer will most probably be 'Yes'.

However, what I am not understanding is your fixation (which is what it is IMHO) with the combo.  It was something that was 'fashionable' many years ago but since the advent of the IS application there is hardly a need for it, as most ISs contain just about everything that a user could want for protection and where they don't then one can supplement with a specific app tailored/design to handle the specific 'gap'.

Does the fascination come from your involvement with the Hispasoftware site?  I am just curious.

But to answer your question "what do you think are the most popular combos whith webroot ?" I think that you will find that the answer is NONE...just WSA by itself.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Baldrick,
Nice response, I totally agree that WSA by itself is the best all by itself!

Best Regards,
Cheers,
Sherry
Userlevel 2
I am thinking you are rigth i want to publish somethiing but i dont know where really webroot in my cousin machine gives less troubles than the others  i will wirte a post but if are the incorrect place please tell me