when I click on View scan progress, I get a Preparing to Scan but it never finishes preparing.

I'm thinking of removing the application and reinstalling. Is there a better solution.  I use a Mac and everything is updated. 

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello and welcome to the Webroot Community!

Can you please do a clean reinstall of WSA and Please follow the steps closely!

Please try shutting down SecureAnywhere before dragging it to the Trash.

Uninstalling SecureAnywhere from a Mac

1.   Shut down SecureAnywhere by clicking the Webroot icon (green W) in the menu bar and selecting Shut Down SecureAnywhere.
2.   If prompted, confirm that you want to shut down SecureAnywhere.     
3.   Open the Finder by clicking the Finder icon in the dock.     
4.   Open the Applications directory.
5.   Click and drag the Webroot SecureAnywhere program icon into the Trash in the dock.
6.   A confirming window appears.  Click Uninstall.
7.   Webroot SecureAnywhere is now uninstalled.  There is no need to restart your computer.

Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks,

Daniel ;)

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello samkahn,

Welcome to the Community Forum,

Edit: To add to @ reply,

I am sorry to hear about your issues that you are having.  If you have not contacted support, I would recommend doing so. One thing that you can try with out supports help and that is a permission fix.  The other might require support to use SUDO commands. 

The Mac operating system relies on permissions for most tasks. If these permissions are incorrect, they can cause a variety of issues, both with your programs and with computer performance itself.

To check permissions on the Mac OS:
1. Navigate to Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility.
Note: The Disk Utility feature is advanced and powerful. Any action you take using the Disk Utility is at your own risk. We recommend you only use the Disk Utility under instruction by a qualified technician.

2. Click the Hard Drive name, e.g. Macintosh HD, in the left panel.

3. Under the First Aid tab, select Show details.
4. Click Verify Disk Permissions. This operation may take some time to complete.

5. If the operation finds permissions issues, fixing them can resolve the issue you have reported. Click Repair Disk Permissions. This process may also take time to complete.

6. Once the repair process is finished, restart your computer.

7. After restarting, please test the issue you have reported. See if Webroot still saids preparing to scan. You could try to uninstall/reinstall if you feel you are capable. Otherwise let Support help you with this.

8. To uninstall go here for instructions. http://www5.nohold.net/Webroot/ukp.aspx?pid=12&app=vw&vw=1&login=1&json=1&solutionid=1992&

8. You can go here to install Webroot http://www5.nohold.net/Webroot/ukp.aspx?pid=12&app=vw&vw=1&login=1&json=1&solutionid=1991&

If you continue to have this issue then please send support a ticket  free of charge with an active subscription.and let them know that you have already dione a permission fix.

Hope this helps and please let us know how things are going so that we can help others with similar issues.

Kind Regards,
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Thanks Sherry I didn't notice it was for a Mac!

Daniel 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Daniel!

It's always great to have more help. We were within seconds..minutes I think in responding. LOLs:D
i have Windows HP pc. I am attempting to install the Webroot security.I need to locate in my pc the file to install the Webroot security.

Can you guide me,please

I do not have a mac pc.I only have a HP.

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello Madonna56

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Or you can always Submit a Support Ticket and they will gladly assist. This is a free service with your Webroot subscription.

Thanks
How do i do it.i am not good with pc

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
How do i do it.i am not good with pc

Hi Madonna56,

You can call Webroot Support directly at 1-866-612-4227.You might be on hold for a little bit but they can get you up and running with Webroot in a flash.

Hope this helps?
i am stuck.I need help. Please.I purchase the Webroot Secure ANYWHERE and do not know how to install it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +36
@ wrote:
i am stuck.I need help. Please.I purchase the Webroot Secure ANYWHERE and do not know how to install it.

Hello,

Please reach out to our support team at 1-866-612-4227 so we can assist with the installation. If you need anything else, please let me know!