why is my security brown and not green

• 8 December 2015
  • 5 replies

why is me webroot brown instead of green

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Hi and welcome to the Community ?
When your Webroot icon is brown it means that an important function has been disabled.
If you click on the icon to bring the dialogue box up onto the screen, click on the small cog beside PC Security  and you will see this hopefully. If one of those is turned off you will have to turn it back on again by clicking on the button, entering the CAPTCHA and continuing.

thank you but they are all on
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Could you return to the first screen on the dialogue box and take a look at your account status, Have you are any warnings such as a yellow triangle showing in there?

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
? I have to get off here, it is late over here.
However the next step to take would be a clean install of Webroot. It is quick and painless so could you please follow these instructions.

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and don't import any settings if asked to as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

IF after completing that things are the same as they were before you will have to open a support ticket which is free to all valid and current subscription holders, by clicking on this link:

Support Ticket

Thank you and let us know how you get on please.

JtR.

If I may just add to what ? has posted.

If your subscription is due to expire soon then you will also get the brown/gold colored WSA interface. As Jasper has mentioned, there should be a message in the dialog box on the first screen.

Hope this helps,

bd