windows 10 download

• 30 March 2016
  • 4 replies

My pc says I am ready for Windows 10, but when I get tp install it says  have 3 spy seepers I have uninstall.  What do I do?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello af,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Sometimes programs such as these can interfere with the installation of W 10. If you want to install W 10 then my advice is to uninstall these programs. These spysweeper programs can interfer with Windows 10 Security and Firewall is what I am thinking.

Also you may want to read this KB article which will explain a few things about W 10: here

Hope this helps?

Userlevel 7
Hi af

Welcome to the Community Forums.

May I just check something here...you use the term 'spy sweepers'; are you using this generically to describe one or more security application(s) or are you referring to an old Webroot application, discontinued the end of 2012, called 'Spyware Sweeper'?

If it ithe latter then you should know that it will most likely not run under Windows 10, but as a user of that application you can get the vewry latest from Webroot...SecureAnywhere, at a discounted price (see HERE)...just thought you might be interested if using a previous Webroot product.

Regards, Baldrick
I bought a program at Best Buy and need to download it to by computer

Userlevel 7
Hi BBryan980A

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Precisely what program did you buy at Best Buy? Was is online or from one of their retail outlets?

Usually when one buys a program from a retail outlet one walks out with the program on media. An online purchase will usually result in the receipt of a link from which to download the program?

A little more detail would be helpful.

Regards, Baldrick