windows 10 telling me webroot is turned off

• 18 January 2017
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +5
From time windows 10 gives me a notification telling me web root and windows defender are turned off. After checking I find that web root is working and defender is on as well. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and why it happens. I've had zero proplems with web root since installing it two months ago.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi Tylersmiler

There have been reports of ths from time to time especially when WSA updates automatically. However, I am guessing that it is just a clash between WSA & the Security Centre brought about by a faulty install or update.

For that reason I would suggest that you undertake an unintsll/clean re-install. It is quick and easy to do and should you wish to try that then please follow the steps below closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example:SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and do NOT import any settings if offered by the installer; to as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Now just use your system normally for a while during which you would expect to see the messsage and whether it reappears or not please post back to let us know how you are getting on. If it is not gone then we can look to suggest something else.

Regards, Baldrick