2 questions, about firefox and the other about my account.

• 31 January 2016
  • 5 replies

How do I get the password manager to work in Firefox which has it has disabled saying that it couldn't be verified for use?

How do I delete old computers from the list of computers that are protected?

Thank you:D

5 replies

I figured out how to delete the older pc's.
Userlevel 7
Hi Cadadu

Welcome to the Community Forums.

For completeness and to make sure that you have all the information pertinent to this please see this KB Article on the subject, which is 'deactivation' rather than 'deletion'.

Please let us know if there is anything further that we can assist with. ;)

Regards, Baldrick
HI Baldrick,

Thanks for the welcome and yes, I got them deactivated, sorry for the wrong terminology there :)

My first question has remained unanswered. I prefer Firefox over Chrome but have been using chrome for several months now since Firefox doesn't allow the password manager to function. I have tried the toolbar tool to correct this but it doesn't work either.  The message I see on the add on page is that Firefox can't verify that the password manager works with Firefox. Is there anyway around this issue? When I run the tool, it tells me that the toolbar has been successfully installed. It is there for chrome but missing on firefox. Thanks 🙂
Userlevel 7
Hi Cadadu

No worries. In relation to the Password Manager & Firefox, the Toolbarfix utility should have sorted it out in the same way as for Chrome.

Please check as to which version of Firefox you are running as what you describe was prevelant in relation to v40 but should have been sorted for later versions (Please see HERE for further details on that). If you are running v40 then you should upgrade you installation as the current version if v44.

Try that and if that does not help then, given this, I would Open a Support Ticket to let the Support Team know of the issue and for them to investigate what is behind it.

Regards, Baldrick
Hi Baldrick,

The link you provided worked!! Thank you so much for all the help. :D

Cad