Solved

Adding Microsoft Edge to Protect?

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello Webrooters,

I know this has been asked before but I cannot find it. What happens or can we add Microsoft Edge to Webroot's Identity Protection?

@?
icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 8 March 2018, 15:26

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Hi @ what I found at this time if you add Microsoft Edge's processes to Identity Shield then you can't type in the address bar (do searches) so it makes it unusable so I always end up removing Edge from the ID Shield.

HTH,

Daniel

And this is where Edge's files are located:

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Great! Thank you BigBytes!

I couldn't remember how that works! 😠
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Yea I just tried it again and I still get the same results.

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Yea I just tried it again and I still get the same results.

Yes I am guessing it's a Microsoft issue then? Great information BigBytes! Thankyou for posting that!
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
I'm not sure if someone posted in the Idea Exchange for ID Shield support? I tried looking but I don't see one.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Okay I posted a request in the Idea's Exchange: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Ideas-Exchange/Add-support-for-Microsoft-Edge-within-Identity-Shield/idi-p/315420

Thanks Sherry!

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
I'm not sure if someone posted in the Idea Exchange for ID Shield support? I tried looking but I don't see one.
I cannot find it either! I know there was something about the ID Shield Support in the  Ideas Exchange so I am not sure where it went?
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Awesome! I have just Kudoed it!:D
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
I posted this Idea in 2015: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Ideas-Exchange/Identity-Shield-Enhancements/idi-p/183620
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Right I found that a minute ago when searching in Google!
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi @@
Reproduced it. One work around i figured is to copy paste the url and that works. Could you please verify that for me?

I have entered a bug for this, will keep an eye. 

Thanks
Pawani

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Hi @@
Reproduced it. One work around i figured is to copy paste the url and that works. Could you please verify that for me?

Thanks
Pawani

Hi Pawani,

I'm away for a few days. I'll try it when I get home. Thanks for checking this out for all of us. Much appreciated. ...
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ wrote:
Hi @@

Thanks
Pawani

Yes that has always worked and just tested it again but can't type in the address bar is still the main issue! See here: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Ideas-Exchange/Add-support-for-Microsoft-Edge-within-Identity-Shield/idi-p/315420

This picture is from today!

Hi 
Please update thread (when available) with latest regarding Edge. 

Thanks