After downloading Webroot everything is super slow

• 31 December 2016
  • 7 replies

Typing is a nightmare as I have to backup often due the delay. Web pages take 5-10 seconds to download. Forget video--it skips and drones on. Running windows 10. Windows firewall and Defender are off. Will have to drop WEbroot if I can't fix this. What should I look for?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi LibertyTree

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I wouls suspect a faulty installation or update as this is not normal behaviour so I would recommend that you try an unistall /clean reinstall. If you would like to try that then please follow the steps below closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example:SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here(Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and do NOT import any settings if offered by the installer; to as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
and then see if there has been an improvement. Either way post back here with the results of the above.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Hi LibertyTree

Any news on whether the  uninstall/clean reinstall worded? Somewhat concerned as you have stated that Windows Defender is also off and therefore by all accounts you have no protection enebaled. And to add to that if the Windows Firewall is also off then you really need to get this sorted ASAP.

As a minimum you need the Firewall turned on. To do this manually please try the following:

1. Hold down the Windows key and press 'X'. Select 'Control Panel' in the menu.
2. In the Control Panel select 'System and Security'
3. Now in System and Security select 'Windows Firewall'
4. Then select 'Turn Windows Firewall on or off'
5. Ensure that both the private and public network firewalls are turned 'On'. Make sure that there are checkmarks in the notify options.
6. Once you have selected both, click 'OK.

and your firewall will now be enabled.

Post back with the position you are in and we will see if we can get things sorted for you further.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Just to add if your issues continue Please Submit a Support Ticket as it could be a simple thing of getting your files whitelisted in the Webroot Cloud Database.

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Webroot 9.0.14.58
I have this situation persists.
(W10 x64 pro login screen appear an half hour and no login)

I revert back (only helped me the system restore) to 9.0.13.62 and disabled the automatic update in webroot settings. The problem has not reappeared since

Unfortunately, there is no time for in-depth analysis, and look forward to the enhanced version
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello AtHoS.

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Would you want to try a uninstall/clean reinstall Webroot? If you do please look below. A clean reinstall usually fixes most issues. Because you really need to have Webroot update automatically.

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need.
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and do NOT import any settings if offered by the installer as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Also you can Submit a Support Ticket free of charge and they can get to the boittom of this.

Hope this helps?
Hello!

Thank you for your help.

I try uninstall/clean reinstall Webroot and after uninstall manually deleted the rest of webroot directory and files in system partition.
After the webroot initial scan, when the program activates the protections, everything is super slow.

for example: to open Task Manager takes tens of minutes

I revert back to 9.0.13.62 and system works perfect

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello @,

You are welcome! But would you please Submit a Support Ticket so they can check your system out because you really should be running the latest version of Webroot. I feel Webroot needs to know about this issue and they can get to the bottom of this.

https://www.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp

Thank you!