After threat removal-restart. Webroot lists last scan as aborted and incomplete

• 26 August 2015
  • 2 replies

Following threat removal-restart. Webroot lists last scan as aborted and incompleteAlso there is no log file listing the removed malware's name.
Because of a shared use of an EZ Pass I thought it not unreasonable that I'd receive an e-mail - subject line----"EZ Pass Manager Indebted for driving on toll road."

I double clicked a zip file.   Yes, dumb

Webroot identified the infection.  Not sure I trust that it's all gone..

Got the following message after restart ---

RegSvr32
---------------------------
LoadLibrary("C:Documents and SettingsDanLocal SettingsApplication DataOdpicsscjhypws.dll") failed - The specified module could not be found.

Also Outlook now wants to reinstall Business Manager

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello ?,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Sorry to hear of this issue you are experiencing.

It would be best to contact the support team and have them take a look for you. This is free of charge with an active subscription.

Support Number: 1-866-612-4227
Support Ticket: https://detail.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp

I would advise creating a ticket first so they can gather logs and determine if a callback is necessary to resolve this for you.

Kind Regards
Userlevel 7
In addition to the excellent advise ? has provided, might I also suggest that you refrain from installing any new apps or deleting files, or really much of anything else with the device untl you have talked to support.  You do not want to accidentally overwrite or delete the files that Support will need to help you recover.