Solved

Android.SMSreg

• 28 January 2017
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2
I am having a problem with Kindle for Android.  A webroot scan tells me that it is infected with Android.SMSreg.  I have uninstalled Kindle and tried re-installing from both the Playstore site and the Amazon site.  Each time I get warning that I have SMSreg.  I have looked in App Mgr ion my phone, and I do not find an SMSreg app, so I can't disable it.

I am working with Samsung S5 running 6.0.1, Kindle for Android 7.7.0.123, webroot 4.0.0.7768

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
icon

Best answer by bosley384 29 January 2017, 19:47

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Hi and welcome to the Community @

This topic may be of use to you from earlier in the week:

Webroot won't let me load Kindle or Gnotes and says it has a Android.SMSreg virus. How do I fix?
Userlevel 2
Thanks Jasper, I read this as well as another post that referenced SMSreg.  Tried what was suggested, with no success.  

Perhaps it is time to open a Webroot trouble ticket.
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
@ wrote:
Thanks Jasper, I read this as well as another post that referenced SMSreg.  Tried what was suggested, with no success.  

Perhaps it is time to open a Webroot trouble ticket.
If you have no luck following the previous posts that is certainly what I would do.
It may be useful to others if you post back later and let us know how you have you got on.

JtR
Userlevel 2
Will most certainly do that. Thanks for responding so quickly.
Userlevel 7
Hi bosley384

Welocome to the Community Forums.

If I may just add to what Jasper has posted...please take a look at this previous thread as it may shed some further light on this 'issue'

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 2
Here's the response to my support ticket:

Thank you for contacting Webroot support.
We can confirm that this is a false positive. We have corrected this issue and it will be fixed when our next definition update is pushed out within 24-48 hours. For the time being please tell Webroot to ignore this "threat" when it is detected.

The update must have come out because I'm no longer receiving the message about SMSreg.

Thanks WEBROOT SUPPORT!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello bosley384,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

I had the same issue with my Samsung Note 4 last week and I am not getting this false positive anymore as well.

Thank you for letting us know.
Userlevel 2
Sherry, I appreciate you letting me know I wasn't the only one experiencing this.  I didn't want to use Kindle for fear of causing problems.  Glad it's reaolved!
Laura
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
@ wrote:
Here's the response to my support ticket:

Thank you for contacting Webroot support.
We can confirm that this is a false positive. We have corrected this issue and it will be fixed when our next definition update is pushed out within 24-48 hours. For the time being please tell Webroot to ignore this "threat" when it is detected.

The update must have come out because I'm no longer receiving the message about SMSreg.

Thanks WEBROOT SUPPORT!
Thank you for getting back to us @ and I am gld it is sorted for you.