Solved

Automatic Login Using Password Management

Userlevel 3
Badge +5
password manager stopped working with Ebay, I deleted the Ebay profile and tried to set up a new form fill profile both automatically  and manual, nothing works. any suggestions ?
icon

Best answer by urbancrow 18 July 2016, 18:55

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi urbancrow

What browser were you using when this happened and what specific URL was the trigger for the auto login?

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 3
Badge +5
Firefox 47

url https://signin.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SignIn&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2F
Userlevel 7
Hmmmm, looks like there is a Flash plugin trying to run (top lefthand corner of the page). COuld that be interefering with the Password Manager? 
Userlevel 3
Badge +5
I do not see a flash plugin at top left of page, If I left click on password manager icon, then site, then the ebay password profile the site will load and I will be logged in. If I open the ebay site with a bookmark, the password manager will not work, I think ebay changed there login page because one day password manager stopped working
Userlevel 7
OK, well if they did that then why not save the new login page, that you do not seem to be able to get the credential auto filled for, as a new set of credentials in Password Manager.

Just go to the page, manually enter the credentials and then, click on the Password Manager Toolbar icon, click on 'Sites' & then on 'Add Site' which should open up a panel that shows you the details being stored, or have you already tried that?

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 3
Badge +5
I just did that and it does not work, it only works if I click on the ebay profile in password manager
Userlevel 7
OK, well, younhad best Open a Support Ticket and get the Support Team to investigate this issue for you, as it must be something specific to your system.

Would be very interested to hear what they have to say re. this...ifmyou would not mind sharing with us.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 3
Badge +5
I certainly will Thank you !!

Userlevel 7
Too kind...:D
Userlevel 3
Badge +5
Here is what the support team had to say:

Hello,
After reviewing the provided information, and performing some in house tests, it appears as if the AutoLogin function does not occur on the Ebay site. However, security information can be populated by using the toolbar icon.
Visit Ebay.com
Click the toolbar icon, then select 'Show Matching Sites'
Select the login desired (if more than one exists)
Your password information will be populated as a result.
The reason this happens is different sites, utilize different technologies to provide a secure login process. Not all technologies are compatible with the methods we employ to populate password data automatically. It appears as if Ebay may be one of these.