Solved

Back-up and sync

• 3 June 2013
  • 7 replies

Is it just me or I cant seem to get login to my backup and sync. Have anyone else came across this error? If so any suggestions or tricks.
icon

Best answer by JimM 22 June 2013, 21:08

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 4
It's not just you. Happening to myself as well. My guess is something on the back end is wonky (This is a very technical term that I use loosely).

I am sure they are aware of it.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
I am sure they are aware of it.
They are aware of it. I'm also having problems. They'll get it sorted out. Give them time. 😉
Userlevel 7
Hello angiesview and welcome to the Webroot Community!

There is a bug that is affecting some users keeping us from logging in, but I do not think it is a 'global' issue.  Some users seem to be able to log in, so lets make sure you have your settings correct in case that is the culprit in your case.

Log into your Account Console.  Once logged in, click on your email address at the upper right corner and select Manage Users on the drop down.

On the new screen that opens, review the settings for the account you are trying to use and make sure that Backup & Synch are set to Access.  If you have not given access to that profile, click on the little person icon at the far right of the line to edit the permissions.  Grant access to Backup & Synch and save the new settings.

Try logging in again.

If you still cannot log in, chances are pretty good that your account may be affected as mine is.  Webroot is aware of the issue and they are working to resolve it.
Userlevel 7
This issue appears to be a little different than other common Backup & Sync errors. It looks like an account creation issue. I'll update this topic again once we investigate further. Hang in there!
Userlevel 7
Angie, which specific error are you receiving, and are you trying to log in via the agent, the console, or a mobile device?  If the issue is resolved, please let us know as well.  Thanks!
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
This issue appears to be a little different than other common Backup & Sync errors. It looks like an account creation issue. I'll update this topic again once we investigate further. Hang in there!
I sent you a PM Jim 🙂
Userlevel 7
Angie, I never heard back from you. It's certainly possible the problem was the brief global issue David was referring to. If you're all set, could you let us know so we can close this topic as 'solved?' Thanks :)

edit 7/13/13: It seems apparent at this point that it was the temporary global issue being experienced, so we'll tentatively close this as resolved.  Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.