Backup & Sync - Local Folders - Windows 10 OS Storage "Change where new content is saved"

• 1 December 2017
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +14
Now that Windows 10 officially changes where Documents, Music, Photos, Movies and Maps are saved why is it that Webroot Backup and Sync cannot do the same.  We recommend to all of our customers to save their documents, if possible to a secondary drive such as an SD card.

With the advent of Tablets and PCs with small SSD drives 32/64/128GB space is at a premium and the likelihood that the primary drive (C drive) will fill up is very high, so having a secondary drive for storage helps.  Also if the system needs to be rebuilt storing the important files on a secondary drive is a good best practice, another failsafe for important personal files.

Please let me know if this is still a "feature" of Backup & Sync.  I'd like to be able to recommend this as an additional feature to why purchasing Webroot Anywhere Complete is the best option.

Currently with the fact that LastPass password manager is available for MS Edge (which our customers use for watching Amazon Prime Video on low end systems - Chrome and Firefox require more resources) for FREE, and Backup & Sync ONLY works for primary drives, other than more licenses  Internet Security Plus and Internet Security Complete don't seem to offer any real advantages over AntiVirus.

Personally I like Backup & Sync that is bundled with Complete, as it has some real advantages over OneDrive and most definately GoogleDrive, and I'd like to recommend this option that is included in Complete.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Salutations @,

I want to make sure I completely understand your question. You're wanting to know if Backup & Sync includes an option to use an external (secondary) drive?
Userlevel 7
Hi woodsod

I am sure that we have had a similar conversation in the past but in case I am hallucinating, if you believe that there should be additional or improved functionality in WRSA, in this area, then you should go on over to the Ideas Exchange, and create a New Feature Request, detailing what you are thinking/believe should be included & why.

Other users can then comment on and/or support the request. Product Development do review periodically so it is a good way to bring this to their attention.

BTW; you may want to check first to see if someone else has had the idea before you in which case just add your comments & support to the existing New Feature Request...the more support garnered the better the chance that the requested feature will make it into WRSA at some point in the future.

Hope that this helps?

Regards, Baldrick