Solved

Brand new community member....Does rootkit detection run forever?

• 2 October 2015
  • 4 replies

I am running with rootkit dection on.... when scan starts (showing rootkit phase) it sits at 0% for LONG time, I've let it go to 28 min before needing to use computer so I 'x' it out and move on. (when I cancel it does not cancel).

anybody seen similar?
icon

Best answer by Baldrick 2 October 2015, 15:42

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi ursiopa

Welcome to the Community Foums.

This occassionally gets reported and can usually be sloved by an uninstall/clean reinstall of WSA which one performs as follows:

• Make sure you have a copy of your Keycode
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and DO NOT import any settings, if so offered by the installer, as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again

If this fails to resolve the problem, you may need to contact Support for assistance.

If your subscription is directly through Webroot, you will need to contact Webroot Support.  You can do so by submitting a Trouble Ticket if you have not already done so, or by phone during business hours.  (The online Ticketing system is manned 24/7)

If your subscription is through Best Buy Subscription Software services, you may need to call them at 1-800-GEEK-SQUAD.

Hope that helps?

Regards, Baldrick
will try the uninstall/reinstall, thanks
Uninstall, boot, reinstall, rescan..... sequence removed my "rootkit scan freeze". Thanks
Userlevel 7
Hi ursiopa

You are most welcome. Thank you for taking the time to feedback and glad to hear that this has sorted it for you.

One very, very occassionally (amonsgt all of the millions of installs of WSA out there) comes across this problem...it is sporadic and therefore difficult to pin down...but the old uninstall/clean install 2 steps usually resolves it.

You know where are if you have any further questions. :D

All the best, Baldrick