CC Cleaner

• 26 June 2017
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +17
Hello Everyone.

I recently, Purchased a Dell Computer, and It comes with this CC Cleaner. What should I do Uninstall It, is Dose it do anything for registry Cleaner. What should I do with it
Thanks

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
@ wrote:
Hello Everyone.

I recently, Purchased a Dell Computer, and It comes with this CC Cleaner. What should I do Uninstall It, is Dose it do anything for registry Cleaner. What should I do with it
Thanks
Hi @

I would keep CCleaner, it is great at cleaning unwanted rubbish from the computer BUT although I have heard reports that it is not as bad as some as cleaning the registry it is a bad idea to clean the registry as it is extremely easy for mistakes to happen and something be deleted which messes up the system.
Userlevel 6
Hi @
I'm confused because I thought that WRSA Complete optimization also clean the registry:@

Badge +8
@ wrote:
Hi @
I'm confused because I thought that WRSA Complete optimization also clean the registry:@

Hi Asklepios,

It appears that Jasper is offline. I can tell you that registry files should not ever be tampered with or you could corrupt your system. I am curious though as to why you would want to clean them??:8

Theresa
@ wrote:
Hi @

At this time, Webroot does not offer a service that includes a registry cleaner. However, our software package SecureAnywhere Complete does offer System Optimizer, with which you can remove all traces of your web browsing history, files that show your computer use, and other files that reveal your activity.

Using the System Optimizer, you can protect your privacy by removing all traces of your activity, including the Internet history, address bar history, Internet temporary files (cache), and cookie files.

You can also use the System Optimizer to delete unnecessary files that Windows stores on your computer. Certain files can consume valuable space on your computer. Even with today's large hard drives, these unnecessary files can impair your computer's performance.
https://answers.webroot.com/Webroot/ukp.aspx?pid=12&ruleid=966
Userlevel 7
Hi venus60

Hope that this post finds you well?

I would certainly keep CCleaner as it is a useful program especially if used on its deffault settings, and on those it is generally safe in term sof cleaning out online and other detritus in the form of temporary files & the like.

It does have a Registry cleaner element which is separate to the temp file/detritus cleaner...and again, I have used it on default settings and not found it to cause any trouble. But in truth the Reggistry Cleaner in CCleaner is 'tame' when compared to most others.

But just as a precaution when using any type of cleaning software on your PC; whether it touches the Registry or n ot, one should as a minimum create a System Restore Point before use or better still, if you can create an image of your disk from which you can restore from should anything unfortunately good awry.

To see what System Optimizer does in fact remove please see this page from the online help.

Hope that helps?

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Hi venus60

Hope that this post finds you well?

I would certainly keep CCleaner as it is a useful program especially if used on its deffault settings, and on those it is generally safe in term sof cleaning out online and other detritus in the form of temporary files & the like.

It does have a Registry cleaner element which is separate to the temp file/detritus cleaner...and again, I have used it on default settings and not found it to cause any trouble. But in truth the Reggistry Cleaner in CCleaner is 'tame' when compared to most others.

But just as a precaution when using any type of cleaning software on your PC; whether it touches the Registry or n ot, one should as a minimum create a System Restore Point before use or better still, if you can create an image of your disk from which you can restore from should anything unfortunately good awry.

To see what System Optimizer does in fact remove please see this page from the online help.

Hope that helps?

Regards, Baldrick
Right buddy WSA's System Optimizer does clean low level registry items but nothing deep and it's very safe. From your link you posted!

Windows Registry Streams
Clears the history of recent changes you made to the Windows registry.
Note: This option does not delete the registry changes themselves.

But true have to be careful with CCleaner and cleaning the registry! And I use both WSA's System Optimizer and CCleaner as well as Windows built in Disk Cleanup: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17421/windows-free-up-drive-space

"Cleaning out your PC on a regular basis frees up drive space and helps it run better. One of the easiest ways to clean up files you no longer need is by using Disk Cleanup. 
  1. Open Disk Cleanup by clicking the Start button . In the search box, type Disk Cleanup, and then, in the list of results, select Disk Cleanup.
  2. If prompted, select the drive that you want to clean up, and then select OK.
  3. In the Disk Cleanup dialog box in the Description section, select Clean up system files.
  4. If prompted, select the drive that you want to clean up, and then select OK.
  5. In the Disk Cleanup dialog box, on the Disk Cleanup tab, select the check boxes for the file types that you want to delete, and then select OK. To remove data from a previous installation of Windows, select the Previous Windows installation(s) check box.
  6. In the message that appears, select Delete files.
  7. Go back to Computer in File Explorer, select the drive you cleaned up, and then select Refresh. If you need to free more space (the drive is still marked red), go to the next tip."

Cheers,

Daniel 😉
@ wrote:
Hi @

System Optimizer cleans the history of recent changes in the registry, but does not delete the registry changes.