Cc Cleaner and Webroot

• 1 July 2017
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 4
I have both Webroot and CC Cleaner on my Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8 android. Do they conflict or ok to have both? Also cc cleaner is not permitted by the system on this Tab A8 to cleanup all caches yet it cleans all on my desktop pc where I also have both. Do you know why Tab A8 doesn't allow cc cleaner to clean all caches and can I change settings to fix this please?

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Merci-

As for CCleaner on an Android device...that I have no knowledge off but suspect that it will have very different limitations to the version that is run on a PC (which I know very well having used it for many years).
Let me ping one of our Android knowledgable Gurus, @, to see if she can be of assistance in respondng to your query. ;)

Regards, Baldrick

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello Merci, Welcome to the Webroot Community, I have installed CCleaner on my Samsung Note 4. I am not having any issues or conflicts wit Webroot. I also find that CCleaner clears some of my programs cache and lists what caches that I have to do manually. The PC version is abit different then the Android version of CCleaner because it cleans phone and SMS message and call logs. Which makes sense. I personally like to clear those logs myself. Mainly because I like the history available to me. Again I find Webroot does not conflict with this program.
Look below to Clean your Cache for your Samsung Galaxy 8 manually if y6ou prefer.
Clear Individual App Cache
  1. From a Home screen, touch and swipe up or down to display all apps. These instructions apply to Standard mode only.
  2. From a Home screen, navigate: Settings > Apps .
  3. Tap App Manager .
  4. Locate then tap the appropriate app.
  5. Tap Storage.
  6. Tap CLEAR CACHE.

If you are having any issues with Webroot you can always submit a Support Ticket and they will check this out free of charge with your active subscription.

Hope this helps?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yes CCleaner has very limited use on Android and with the android 7 nougat OS it's even more limited. 😠
Userlevel 4
Thank you TripleHelix for your kind help. Do you think I should remove cccleaner or is it worth keeping it on my Tablet. 
Userlevel 4
Thank you very much Baldrick.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@Merci- wrote:
Thank you TripleHelix for your kind help. Do you think I should remove cccleaner or is it worth keeping it on my Tablet. 

I keep it on my phone and use it maybe once a month to clean out old folders and calls so it's up to you.
Userlevel 4
Thank you TripleHelix. As I'm not knowledgeable on the mysteries of PC, Tablets and mobile programming and all that makes this wonderful technology function, I'll leave it on ... if it's safe and good enough for guru you it's certainly good enough for me ? Thank you for your kindness and patience with a big time techie novice!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@Merci- wrote:
Thank you TripleHelix. As I'm not knowledgeable on the mysteries of PC, Tablets and mobile programming and all that makes this wonderful technology function, I'll leave it on ... if it's safe and good enough for guru you it's certainly good enough for me ? Thank you for your kindness and patience with a big time techie novice!
Always! We do our best to help users of WSA and the questions they may have with other well known programs and apps.

Cheers,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 4
Thank you.