cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gold VIP

Re: Controlling WRData folder size - help needed

Hi paulderdash

Thanks for the heads up.

I believe that there are some cases where an uninstall does not remove the WRData folder (it has happened to me on a couple of occassions and because of beta testing I do uninstall/reinstall alot Smiley Wink).  You did the right thing by deleting the folder after uninstalling and before re-installing.

With regard to your comment "...would hope they have made adjustments 'in the cloud' to exclude monitoring of these files, as none are suspect."...I am sure that this will eventually happen but we know that it can take sometime for this to happen given the number of new files that are picked up in the cloud and then have to be researched by the Team at Webroot.

If you find that the fact that these files are still Unknown and therefore will be being monitored you can Open a Support Ticket and send Support the details of the files directly.  That should get them listed quicker.

If you decide to do this then you should save a Scan Log (I assume that you know how to...but if not post back and I can point you in the right direction) and from that locate all lines that start with [U], copy & paste the ones that relate to the files you mention in your post, into the ticket and submit that.  That should do the trick. Smiley Very Happy I only do this when the lack of whitelisting of a fiel in the cloud is causing me an issue as it seems to be you, otherwise I usually let the usual process take its course, and eventually the monitored fiels are whitelisted (if indeed they are 'good').

HTH?

Regards

Baldrick

Untitled-1.png

Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete Beta Tester v9.0.24.37, imaged by Macrium Reflect v7.2

Retired Webrooter

Whitelisting is an interesting topic, its not particular fun and most of the time people dont notice any difference. Its more important that we spend time looking for malware rather than whitelisting in my opinion. So just drop us a support ticket if you havent done so and we can whitelist those programs and your PC. 

Popular Voice

I have added those files to my 'Allow' list.

I'll monitor the size of the WRData folder for now.(now at 430MB) and leave the request for whitelisting for now.

I see you were over at Wilders also chatting with Joe about this I hope you read his last post about not importing the old settings. http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=2322972#post2322972

Cheers,

Daniel Smiley Wink

Retired Webrooter

No problem, I can whitelist your KC in a few minutes if you PM me your KC if you want.

Popular Voice

Yes, I noticed now. I apologise for having raised my problem in both forums.
Popular Voice

Hi Rakanisheu - excuse my ignorance but 'PM me your KC"? - do I need to send the relevant scan log entries?
Retired Webrooter

Sorry too much Webroot jargon in that reply! If you can send me a private message with your Webroot Keycode I can whitelist all the unknowns on your PC. 

Popular Voice

Thanks you - will do but how do I find your private email address?

The little envelope beside your username a the top of the forum click on it or click on Roy's username and click send him a private message. https://community.webroot.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/7522#.UsLkILRlfK0

HTH,

Daniel Smiley Wink