cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Controlling WRData folder size - help needed

@paulderdash wrote:

I have been in this thread before. I had gone through a whitelist process and reinstall then, and some reinstalls since.

Does the auto-cleanup keep 1 month data? I notice my oldest .db file is a month old.

But it does get to 6GB in that time! Not that space is an issue for me, though it would lengthen imaging times.

So I guess I also deserve that badge for running a lot of cool, obscure programs :-)

Correct and if you are "running a lot of cool, obscure programs" then it's best to send in scan logs to support and get them whitelisted and ask them why it's not removing my old Rollback dbxxxx.db files then let us know maybe it got broken and I would like to see there reply, because I don't have this issue.

Thanks,

Daniel

Gold VIP

Well, paulderdash...I would be happy to award you that accolade, except that I also run some pretty obscure stuff and the latest betas of a lot of apps, and as I said before...I have seen the WRDATA folder size peak at just over 1GB a while back but since the function release that Daniel mentioned...I have never seen it peake about 500MB...and most of the time it is no higher than 250MB if that.

So perhaps you should have the accolade after all...Smiley Very Happy

Untitled-1.png

Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete Beta Tester v9.0.24.37, imaged by Macrium Reflect v7.2

Popular Voice

OK - will send a latest scan log and ask the question (tomorrow).

Rgds - Paul

@paulderdash wrote:

Rgds - Paul

Sure and I would like to see @Martians do so as well and see his reply from support!

Thanks,

Daniel Smiley Wink

Gold VIP

@TripleHelix wrote:

@paulderdash wrote:

Rgds - Paul

Sure and I would like to see @Martians do so as well and see his reply from support!

Thanks,

Daniel Smiley Wink

Ditto, that, Daniel...as whilst we might be having problems with the WRDATA size it is clear that Martians & pualderdash still are...which needs to be investigated. Smiley Sad

Untitled-1.png

Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete Beta Tester v9.0.24.37, imaged by Macrium Reflect v7.2

Community Leader

@Baldrick wrote:

@TripleHelix wrote:

@paulderdash wrote:

Rgds - Paul

Thanks,

Daniel Smiley Wink

Ditto, that, Daniel...as whilst we might be having problems with the WRDATA size it is clear that Martians & pualderdash still are...which needs to be investigated. Smiley Sad

I agree Baldrick. Since Martians post, I have been monitoring WRDATA on my computer. Also compared the size to the copy I had saved from a previous un/re. 

As it does grow over time, I am curious to know what the size would be on a computer that never has done an un/re. Is there a max size cap? 

Beth

sig

Experience Shared is Knowledge Shared, Share Yours! I'm a volunteer – my reward is your SMILE!Smiley Very Happy

Helpful Webroot Links:

Submit Trouble Ticket • User Guides • BrightCloud URL lookup • Account Console 

Download (PC) • Download (Best Buy/Geek Squad Subscription) • Download (Walmart and Target) • Download (MSN Subscription) 

Register and Introduce yourself to The Community!

No cap if you had and unknown infection it (could) fill your whole C drive but highy unlikely.

Daniel

Gold VIP

Hi Beth

As Daniel pointed out in an earlier post...take a look at the following as it explains whe nand what was changed to keep the size of WRDATA in check:

https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Complete/Controlling-WRData-folder-size-help...

There is no cap but rather it works on the basis of when monitored files are no longer monitored, i.e., they are classed as 'good/safe', and how long ago that determination was made/monitoring turned off, etc.

Regards

Baldrick

Untitled-1.png

To add what Solly said the WIN network also looks at how many users are using a certain unknown program and I have seen at times when in contact with support I'm the only 1 as I do Beta Testing as well and even for Microsoft Products, so I know I need to get them Whitelist I find it no big deal to get [U] unknown files whitelisted and support is happy to do so and again WSA should be clearing out old Monitoring dbnumbers.db files.

Daniel Smiley Wink

Community Leader

Thanks Solly, I had read that, but it did not answer my question. When your idea you posted is implemented, I wont have a question anymore, LOL!

sig

Experience Shared is Knowledge Shared, Share Yours! I'm a volunteer – my reward is your SMILE!Smiley Very Happy

Helpful Webroot Links:

Submit Trouble Ticket • User Guides • BrightCloud URL lookup • Account Console 

Download (PC) • Download (Best Buy/Geek Squad Subscription) • Download (Walmart and Target) • Download (MSN Subscription) 

Register and Introduce yourself to The Community!