Detection Response

• 30 March 2015
  • 4 replies

Hi,

I am really liking the SecureAnywhere product, however there is a big flaw at the moment that is stopping me from using day to day.

As i work in IT security, a number of tools that I work with are flagged as malicious, while they could be considered that due to their use, currently Webroot will quarantine the files, and doesn't give the option to just alert and block.

Secondly, almost all other AVs provide the option to exclude a file/directory.

These two features would make the product much more flexible without reducing the level of protection, and would be benefical to numerous users I'm sure.

Thanks

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +52
Hello

The support system is indeed your best route as issues like this are usually resolved by whitelisting a program.
You can submit a Support Ticket and they can look into this for you free of charge with an active subscription
Hi,

Thanks for your response. Already tried talking direct to their web support with no luck.

I've dealing with 100s of tools/binaries, so not looking to have each one whitelisted, more a way to stop quarantining in the first place.

Ta 
Userlevel 7
Badge +35
Hello,

Creating a support ticket so that we can whitelist the files will prevent them from being quarantined. Some of those detections could potentially be False Positives that would need to be corrected. We'll gladly work with you to get those taken care of.

You can add file overrides by clicking on the cog icon next to PC Security and going to the Block/Allow files tab, and once you restore a detected file from quarantine an override is automatically created.

Path exclusions are a common feature request and are coming soon.

You can submit a feature reqest for the option to alert but not block if there is not already a request for that. Just click on "Feature Request" at the top of the page.

-Dan
Thanks Dan. Files are being detected correctly (Metasploit etc), though just want to alert.

Couldn't see that FR, so will add one now.

Thanks