Disable the "view your personalized security report" popup

• 3 April 2018
  • 3 replies

Despite clicking on this popup to view the report, and rebooting my computer, I still get this popup. It has taken me out of full-screen applications, which is extremely frustrating.

After trying to find the answer for myself online on how to disable this popup, and after looking through the Webroot settings, I can't see where there's an option to do so.

I see that people have been posting about this since all the way back in 2014. Moreover, there's a suggestion thread that specifically asks for the popup to be disabled ... https://community.webroot.com/t5/Ideas-Exchange/More-control-of-Personalised-Security-Report-and-other-IPM/idi-p/90140

Is there an answer to this yet, and if not, then what's the excuse? If needed, I'll find another anti-virus that doesn't spam popups at me.

3 replies

Badge +3
Yes, multiple pop-ups per day is ridiculous.
Badge +1

Webroot has been asked for this for months, they do not seem to care about the ugly window

Webroot has been asked for this for months, they do not seem to care about the ugly window

No. For years. More than 5½ years to be precise :rolling_eyes: . I find it difficult to find anyone who has anything positive to say about this feature.