Error in Italian Translation of WSA Complete

• 8 October 2013
  • 3 replies

Look at this screenshot:
http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/5413/dmyn.png

The Errors lies in the voice "Minacce" (threat).
-"Windows Firewall is disabled" (this is a good news, not a threat...hahaha)
WSA Firewall is better but not the list as activated and fully functional.
The second voice has a great error:
-"An Antivirus is Istalled, but is not protecting the system" ????
I got WSA Complete with firewall... And it's full activated (code and functions)
third line:
-An antispyware is installed but is not protecting the system...
I was thinking that WSA Complete it's a kind of Antispyware too...

If people read this results, will not buy this product.

in the Harware Advice a voice says: a 32bit system is not capable to use all the memory installed... That's not true. Windows server 32bit can use a lot of GB beyond the 3,24GB limit of normal windows system. And specifically to my system, I got a modified kernel like Windows server, so I have no limits to use more RAM than the client version of Windows. That advice is wrong. My system can read adn use more than 4 gb of ram...

Sorry for errors.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Mentz,
You have a point on the RAM observation.  Systems using physical address extension can do more than 4GB.

However, on the other items:
The WSA firewall should not be used as a replacement for the Windows Firewall.  WSA works with the Windows Firewall to protect your system.  We do not recommend disabling it, so the warning message is correct in this case.

The message that an antivirus program is installed but not protecting the system pulls that data from Windows Security Center.  If WSC thinks there is no antivirus or antispyware program running, this message will say the same thing.  It's possible that you have more than one piece of protection installed, and the message is indicating that it is another piece of software that is disabled.  Or it may be that you need to reset your security repository because the existing one is corrupt.  I provided some instructions on how to do that in this older topic.

Does this info help?
I'll try your istructions soon...
EDIT: Yeah! that solution solved the problem.
About Windows Firewall, I usually delete the service on every OS I use.
By the way...
I've found this overlap among these 2 buttons, maybe due to the translation:

Userlevel 7
Thanks for the report! I've just filed a defect on the button run-over. 🙂