Error message Secure Anywhere cannot be updated at this time.

• 17 June 2015
  • 2 replies

I am currently using V 8.0.7.28. Check for update shows 8.0.8.88 is available. When I click to apply, I get error message SecureAnywhere could not be updated at this time. I have tried for several days to update, but get same error message. am I doing something wrong?

tomgrove

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello @,

Sorry to hera you are having this issue.

I believe that a uninstall clean install will work to update your Webroot. It will only take 5 minutes or less to do if you'd like to try

Can you please do a clean reinstall of WSA and Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and don't import any settings if asked to as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks,

I personally had the exact same issue on Monday. I uninstalled and reinstalled and it didn't help because what I found was I seem to have picked up a bug somewhere and Webroot was waiting for action on my behalf. So what I did was killed the bug file and poof all was happy again. Honestly not sure what snuck in and from where but it seems to stop certain upgrades/updates till they are resolved. This may be something you might want to check also.

Personally I applaud Webroot for how it reacted. Some Antivirus would have just installed anyway. But Webroot wanted action beforehand. So two thumbs up for this.

Let us know how it goes for ya.