cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Firefox shuts password manager down again

@extremist wrote:

Uninstalled.

Rebooted.

Installed - Got an error during install (Windows 10 said Webroot stopped working - looking for a solution).

Tried installing again and it brought up the Webroot interface ?

Told it to scan my system and it appears to be working.

Password manager plug-in worked in Firefox and IE.

Then I saw that there was a new toolbar fix in this post:

https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Internet/Firefox-43-64-bit-and-WPM/m-p/23267...

I guess I didn't have to uninstall/reinstall?

Oh well, it's working now.

Thanks.

James

Great you got it working and there are many ways to try to fix it. In this case you didn't say you didn't have the Password Mamager but it was being blocked by Firefox 43 so the reason for my suggestion to reinstall WSA.

Daniel

I see that your post is dated 2015 but I have just this week had this problem - Firefox has blocked password manager I have updated both programmes but without luck.

Bronze VIP

@kelvin wrote:

I see that your post is dated 2015 but I have just this week had this problem - Firefox has blocked password manager I have updated both programmes but without luck.

It started again with the latest Firefox 62 update and Webroot is working on a fix once again: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Internet/Firefox-Password-Manager-toolbar-no...

Daniel Bow.gif  “Truth is more of a stranger than fiction.” (Mark Twain)

EPA.giforiginal (6).png   

original.png Microsoft® Windows Insider MVP - Windows Security beta_tester_transparent.png

Alienware 17R5 Laptop with the new i9-8950HK Processor Overclock-able to 5.0GHz - 2 Samsung 960 Pro PCIe NVMe M.2 512GB + 1 Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD's with 32GB of G.SKILL Ripjaws RAM and NVIDIA GTX 1080 GPU Overclocked. Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 1809 x64.