Solved

Getting Password Manager to Manage Passwords has managed to confound me

• 21 September 2016
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5
I have a 'Complete' subscription.

My Lastpass account expired a few days ago so I successfully transferred everything over, and I must say it was flawless, it's a mirror image of my Lastpass folders, complete with favourites!

However, I'm not having much luck getting W to log me into my sites.

The KB references to a browser plugin/extension, don't make any sense to me.

I can't find it in chrome > more tools > extensions. I can't find a plug in  app in playstore, I have 2 mobile devices, a Huawei M7 and a Samsung J2 they are registered and ditto, no way to activate or access any password control, toggle, or plug in I can see, and no way to install one.

The 'Block known threats' on the Huawei is unavailable, it says my 'device is not currently compatibile with Webroot Secure browsing" the Samsung runs this threat blocker OK, but I still can't see any way to activate or prompt any autofill of passwords.

I'm using a Macbook Pro and a HP Notebook (Win 10) both have W installed, but the only way to access passwords is in the Webroot.com dashboard console, surely that can't be right?

The 'shortcut" to the Webroot app is not in the browsers but the main toolbars of both the Mac and the PC.

Halp!

Thanks, McRooted.

icon

Best answer by cohbraz 23 September 2016, 15:15

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Mcrooted

Welcome to the Community Forums.

You can get the Password Manager extension from the Chrome app store via this link:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/webroot-password-manager/ngkhgikojglcgnckopipfdajaifmmnnc

Get that installed and see if that helps out with your problem.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 2
Badge +5
Thanks Baldrick,
Works great. The thing is, I'm not sure this link is easy to find on the Webroot site and it does not return in webroot keyword search within google play, just thought you might want the feedback.
I am still playing with chrome on android to see how it works there. Hopefully I'll figure the rest out from there, thanks, again!

McR.
PS: You refer to 'Chrome App Store' thats same as 'Google Play Store' right?

Userlevel 7
Hi Mcrooted

Glad you are sorted. Yes, for some reason the extensions are difficult to find in the Google Play Store (that is what I meant...;)) and for some reason searching on Webroot only brings up extensions that are either no longer supported or that have been replaced by other functionality.

So bookmark the page...in case you need it again.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
One thing I might add for Android:

To use passwords on an Android device, you need to open the Secure Browser that Webroot installed. Lick the Menu button in the upper right, and then you should see Vault. Click that and you can sign in to access your passwords.
Userlevel 2
Badge +5
Thanks, Corey. I would not have found this very quickly on my own!
The last peice of the puzzle is solved!
Userlevel 7
Glad we could help! :D