Solved

Google Chrome and Sirius XM Radio

I am having issues wiuth playing Sirius XM radio in google chrome. The audio keeps cuting in and out. Anyone have any ideas as to what is wrong?
icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 2 May 2013, 20:55

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello jewelr and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums.

Have you tried another Browser like IE?

TH
Thank You... Yes, sorry. It cuts out in chrome and firefox but seems to be ok in IE. I use chrome and would like to keep using chrome if i can get this resolved.
Actually seems ok in FF now. Seems like just chrome is an issue. It is like skipping every second or two.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Thank You... Yes, sorry. It cuts out in chrome and firefox but seems to be ok in IE. I use chrome and would like to keep using chrome if i can get this resolved.
Since it does work in IE can you do a scan and save a scan log and just tell me how many files are marked [u] in front?

Example: [u] c:windowssyswow64vmnetdhcp.exe [MD5: DBE59E293685878EF48F7F29006F7AB9] [Flags: 40081000.2309]

If you have many please Submit a Support Ticket and put all the lines with [u] in the ticket and if they need a full log they will send you the instructions.

HTH,

TH
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Actually seems ok in FF now. Seems like just chrome is an issue. It is like skipping every second or two.
Maybe it does not have anything to with WSA you might want to contact Sirius XM Radio support?

TH
I never had an issue before installing WSA 2 days ago so im guessing that is the issue. I have about 260 files with U in front.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Then send in a support ticket and copy & paste all those and put them in the ticket and they can whitelist them! 😉 And please let us know the outcome.

Thanks,

TH
Ok, will do. What does that mean, the U in front of the file name and how would that cause an issue like this?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
It just means Unknown to the Webroot cloud database and you have quite a few as I have about 5 also means that WSA is keeping a closer eye on those files by monitoring them. Have a look at this Online Help File.

TH
Ok, thanks! I will wait to hear back from support. In the meantime I will uninstall WSA and see if the problem is gone in order to verify the issue is with WSA.
Thank You!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
We can check a few things before doing that Check Active Processes when using Chrome and using Sirius XM Radio and see the files that are being Monitored and if you know that the process is safe you can put it under allow. Also when support whitelists your files they will all be allowed if they are all safe.

TH

All processes are allowed including all instances of chrome.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
As a caution because you have so many Unknown files that need to get whitelisted I would wait to here from support and try after and if the problem is still there they might need to see full logs in which they will send a link to a log gathering tool.

TH
Ok, thanks for the help!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Anytime, please let us know the outcome as it may help other users!

Cheers,

TH