Solved

Google Chrome

• 28 September 2013
  • 4 replies

Hey guys, sorry if this is a repost...didn't see anything about it. Anyways...first off...I have to admit...I actually hated WR after I bought it...now...well, I'll suck it up and say it lol I now love it!

Anyways...I'm using Windows 8, and for almost a year now, I couldn't use Chrome with it! I've been having to use Firefox because Chrome sucked with Win 8. Long story short...I finally got Chrome working with Win 8...and now I miss my WR "assistant" or whatever from FF! It was great having it automatically log me in to sites! Soooo...I can't find it for Chrome! 😞 I went to "extensions" and found WR, but it's not the password one!! Honestly...I acutually have NO IDEA what the Chrome WB extension does! lol If anybody could help me with this, that would be awesome!

If you can't tell, I was spoiled with it on FF. I just love Chrome so much more, and now that I got it working with Win 8...I REALLY MISS MY WR! lol

Thanks so much in advance guys!

CM

Ps...If anybody out there has problems with Chrome since updating to 8...let me know! I've seen post everywhere online about people not being able to use their emails, facebook, etc since updating. So...if anybody on here has had those issues, I'd love to help!
icon

Best answer by JimM 28 September 2013, 20:16

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello grarrow!

A number of months ago, Chrome switched to https only and this caused a problem with the extension.  It is an item being worked on, and I believe (Not positive) that they expect to have it working again with the soon to be released 2014  version of the software.

If anyone else has more info, please add it in 🙂
Userlevel 7
While there were some issues with the toolbar in Chrome insofar as annotations not appearing in search results (confirmed as resolved in the next build), the toolbar itself should be showing up.  Could you try running the toolbar fix utility and see if that helps?  Please let us know.  It is available here.
Sorry to sound like a idiot...but how do you run the toolbar fix utility?! Sorry, I guess I've been away from Chrome for so long, I've lost all knowledge! lol

Thanks again guys!
Ok....well...I think I may have found something!! No clue how...but I have it on Chrome now! lol Seriously...no clue how I did it! lol 

It obviously looks different than FF, but just glad to have my Chrome back along with WR!

Thanks again guys, great to have nice people out there willing to help!