Solved

Having problems with Android phone on multiple consoles.

Hello,

I'm having problems after adding a new console/keycode. I puchased a new WSA Complete license and added it to my profile with a new console. My other console has my older keycode. Along with PC's I had my Android phone on the OLD console. I wanted to move my phone from the old console to the new one so I deactivated the phone in the old console, uninstalled the mobile version of WSA from my phone, reinstalled WSA on my phone using new keycode. It took over a day for the phone to show up in the new console, but it finally did and I was happy. The problem is, the phone is also back in my OLD console (even though the keycode is for the new one). So I deleted (deactivated) the phone from the OLD console and now it's gone from the new one as well. Very frustrating. Can anyone tell me what the heck is going on here? Thanks much.
icon

Best answer by shorTcircuiT 13 November 2015, 22:14

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello ?,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

My advise would be to submit a Support Ticket which is free of charge so that they can look at this for you .

? can you add anything here?

Kind Regards,
That's fine. But this is a little disconcerting. What I do in one console should have absolutely nothing to do with the other consoles.
Userlevel 7
I use several different licenses, a Complete, an Endpoint, a couple of free for Android, and I have made a separate console for EACH.

ALL of my mobile devices show on ALL consoles.  It has to do with your sign in email... any mobile signed into WSA with that email will show on ALL consoles that the email is listed as a user on.

It is a bit of a bug, and I should have reported it previously.
Userlevel 7
PC's on different Consoles to NOT cross over like that.. they are kept quite separate as they should, but mobile devices to indeed 'bleed over' to all consoles with the same user.
@ wrote:

"ALL of my mobile devices show on ALL consoles.  It has to do with your sign in email... any mobile signed into WSA with that email will show on ALL consoles that the email is listed as a user on."

So if they are showing in multiple consoles are they also using multiple licenses? (i.e I have two 5 device keycodes, so does my phone count as a device on BOTH keycodes, if so that's ridiculous)

I guess the solution would be to use a new email address and create a new profile all together for my new license. But that kinda takes the conveinence out of being able to view all Keycodes/licenses from one place.
Userlevel 7
I would suggest holding off on doing any changes for the moment.  Again, I have noticed it for a good while, but I thought it had something to do with my own account since I had never heard of anyone else having the issue.

Now that we know it is "not just me" we will get it reported, and hopefully it will be fixed before too long.  

For the moment, I would suggest you go ahead and use the same log in and hopefully they will have the mobile devices correctly sorted out by key code instead of email address soon.

Ok David, thank you. Do I need to submit a ticket for this or have you already done so?
Userlevel 7
Sorry for the delay, I had to step away a few minutes.  It would not hurt at all for you to go ahead and submit one.   🙂
Ok. Will do. Thanks again for your help, glad to see you're still around

GO CUBBIES!!!
Well. I submitted a ticket...

The first response I got from them was obviously computer generated as it thanked me for submitting my "feature enhancement request." This, despite sending them a ticket that was very detailed about the problem. They then referred me to you fine folks here in the Community.

When I replied saying this was not a "feature enhancement request", but rather a bug in which Android phones appear in all consoles, and that I was not alone in experiencing this problem, I received this response...

"Hello,

Thank you for contacting Webroot Support.

Our Apologies for the confusion.

The Android phones will only appear in the console that has the keycode added that the Android phone is running.

It would not be the same Mobile throughout all consoles.

To help us diagnose the issue you have reported, we request that you take a screen shot of what you see on your screen when the problem occurs. For instructions on taking a screen shot..." etc, etc.

A screenshot was pointless. I was able to open the consoles in two separate windows but they where identical. The console name doesn't appear on the mobile tab. Didn't want them to think I had the same console in both windows.

I don't really know the relationship between Webroot's "official" support staff, and the Webroot Community. I often wonder if the two are one-in-the-same or if you're separate but Webroot staff monitor Community activity. But It amazes me how completely different my experiences are when seeking help here in the Community as compared to submitting a ticket. 
If the Community is in fact run by Webroot then I suggest they figure out a way to replicate the Community experience for users using their "official" support/ticket system.

Hopefully they get this cleared up soon and I can put WSA back on my phone.

Thanks, as always, for your input.
Userlevel 7
?  Can you do a follow up on this please?  As you know I can verify, all too well, that the information Support gave might be what is SUPPOSED to happen, but it is in fact not what IS happening.

If anyone needs screen shots more than showing what is going on (the same 5 mobile devices showing across a total of 7 Consoles) just let me know Nic and I will get those to you via email.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I have sent this over to the Android folks to see if they have it in the bug database yet. Haven't heard back so I'll ping them again.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I got an answer back - this is a known issue and it stems from the different way that Android devices are represented in the console compared to PCs. The PCs report in by keycode, but the Androids report in by username, which is why they show up twice. They do have this documented in their backlog as something to improve, but it's one of those issues that requires a lot of work to fix a low priority issue, so it might be a while before the dev teams can get to it.
Userlevel 7
?, Thank you!  That makes quite perfect sense actually.

So, even if there is no fix quickly forthcoming from the Dev Team, there is one I have here... and it is quite simple.

1. The ONLY user ID that should appear on multiple Consoles would be your main or "Admin" ID.  Period.  
  2. All other user ID's should appear ONLY within a single Console.
  3. Never install WSA onto a mobile device using that main or "admin" ID.  Use a secondary ID.
Problem solved.

:)

EDIT: ?, just wanted to make sure you didn;t miss this.  See Nic's reply above for the reason, looks like you and I just have to deal with it though it is not a major problem.
I am having ssort of the same problem. My Android phone is showing up in both my beta console and my normal console!