He's dead...password manager crashed in Chrome

• 26 July 2015
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +19
I opened the Chrome broswer and then a purplish screen with  robot like figure displayed and it said he's dead and that the Webroot Password Manager had crashed. I hit the home button and everything seemed to be working OK after that.

So what was that about?

I don't use the Password Manager anyway. Maybe it's a good thing, but I always think...if somebody hacks it, then they have all the passwords, so I just manage them myself.

Right before that happened, I was using 3d-coat and it wasn't acting right after I tried to apply a decal. Whenever I clicked on anything in 3d-Coat, the computer just dinged at me. Don't know if that caused this to happen. Or if it was just a conincidence.

Never saw that screen before nor ever had the password manager crash.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi Kev914

As  Complete user you have the Password Manager available for you to use. It will have been installed when you install WSA. If you do not use it then the best thing to do is to go into the Extensions Manager for Chrome, find the extension entitled "Webroot Password Manager" and either disable it (would be my suggestion) or delete it so that it is not impactring Chrome.

Regards, Baldrick