How can I read past emails from tech support?

• 29 August 2015
  • 4 replies

Badge +1
How can I read past emails from tech support?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi dlorah

Welcome to the Community Forums.

The messages from the Support Team should be accessible retrospectively within the discussion thread that you have with them unless you have since started a new Support Ticket.

If you are looking for advice that they have previously provided and you have misplaced then I would update the current Support Ticket with that fact and see if they can dig out the previously provided information.

? any thoughts on this or alternative avenues re. this?

Regards, Baldrick

Userlevel 7
Hello there!

Thank you for the 'ping' Sir ? :)  I am always all too happy to voice my opinion LOL.

Anyway, since I was not sure of the answer, I went ahead and logged into the Support system myself.  I am able to see not just the most recent message, but I can scroll down and view ALL messages between me and Support going back to March of 2013.

The tickets all 'merge' into a single conversation, so you should be able to view all communitcations with Support by just logging in and scrolling down, as long as you used the same email address evey time you have logged in.
Badge +1
All does not show up in my screen?
Userlevel 7
When you log into the Support sytem, you should be able to view at least the most recent or current issue that you have meesaged them about.  If you cannot, you might actually click the Send Message button and let them know.

Being that the discussions between us and Support are held in a database, I would imagine that if an error happened with the specific record/indexing of your chat (which can happen) then your previous chat history would not be available.  I am not sure of this, but that is what I have seen happen when an error happens during my previous experiences with databases.