How do I get malware out of facebook?

• 14 November 2015
  • 6 replies

I am unable to get into facebook.  It states that it looks like it is being affected by malware.  How do I correct the problem when there is no malware on my computer?

6 replies

Hello ?.

Welcome to the Webroot Community.

I'm curious as to how you got to Facebook/message. Did you follow a link or did you type Facebook.com directly into the address bar? There have been many reports of fake popups notifying users of a problem, although I have not heard of this happening with Facebook, exactly, I'm wondering if you are actually on Facebook.

BD
Userlevel 7
Hi cole1995

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Please take a look at this thread over at the Facebook Forums, which hopefully will give you the pointers that you need.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello ?,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Are you able to change your FB password? Here is FB help page.. https://www.facebook.com/help/389666567759871

Maybe be one of our other Forum members can assist here?
I go into facebook.com address bar and I have it in my favorites.  The ad won't go anywhere and at the top does say log out.  What should I do?
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
take a screenshot from that message & post it here so we can see it... May be malware so be careful
Hi ?

I would reboot your computer without doing anything in Facebook. If you can't shut down normally, then do a hard reset (Hold power button for 5 seconds until computer shuts down) Then reboot and follow the instructions in the link that ? has posted.

If you are still having problems then I would submit a ticket and let support have a look for you. Support is free with an active subscription.

BD