Solved

How do I know for sure that WEBROOT is protecting my Firefox?

• 13 November 2016
  • 4 replies

How do I know my computer is being protected by WEBROOT when I am searching the web?
I don't get the green check marks when I search.
icon

Best answer by Baldrick 13 November 2016, 10:59

View original

4 replies

Hi Tutee-2016,

Welcome to the Webroot Community.

The check marks indicate the safety of any given site. The green check marks mean the site is trustworthy with a low probability of risks. The yellow represent a moderate risk, and the red a high risk. Webroot will block any sites with the red check marks, although a user can bypass this block but it's not recommended. The Web Threat Shield is kept up to date in real time so anytime one user encounters a bad website it is added to the database for the benefit of all users.

Theses checkmarks are just part of the way Webroot protects you online. Webroot's real-time phishing shield protect you from phishing attempts by blocking access to forged websites that mimick banking or social media sites that try to steal you login or banking credentials. The Identity shield protects credit card numbers and o therpersonal information that you may enter on a web site. Also any downloads are compared to a database of known threats in real-time in the Webroot cloud and prevented from ever making their way to your computer. Please see the following videos for a demonstration of Webroot's capabilities.

Hope this info helps answer your question. If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

BD
Userlevel 7
Badge +25
Hello Tutee-2016,

First of all I want to Welcome you to the Webroot Community.

The way you know your protected is to locate the green webroot icon on the bottom lower right of your screen and let your mouse pointer hover over it.  It should say it's protected.  You will also notice (when your out on the internet) a golden lock over the icon which tells you that you are protected (the shield is up) when you surf.

With regards to the green check marks; when you conduct a search the list will return with a list of choices.  The green check marks to the left mean that those particular sites are okay according to Webroot.

If you have any further questions, please post back here.

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +25
gheez BD you beat me to it.......:D
Userlevel 7
Hi Tutee-2016

Welcome to the Community Forums.

If I may just add to what BD has posted...the Webroot extension (the Web Filtering Extension) which effectively handles, amonsgt other aspects, the display of the green check marks, should be installed into Firefox or any of the main browsers (such as Chrome, IE, etc.) when one installs WSA, however:

1. Not all browsers are supported, anbd whilst Firefox is Firefox Portable is not, justi n case that is the version, like me, that you are using.

2. So you should checking in Firefox under Setting > Addons, for the extension being installed & enabled.

3. If not enabled then try enabling it.

4. If not installed then please check in 'Advanced Settings > Firewall/Web Shield' to see how the relavant settings are set, as per the screenshot below:

and if not set as above then please do so and then reboot before checking Firefox again, etc.

5. Finally if none of the above works you could try an uninstall/clean reinstall of WSA, for which we can provide instructions should you decide you need to try that...just post back to ask for them.

Hopefully some of the above additional information will be of assistance?

Regards, Baldrick