Solved

How do I know (names) of the threats removed

• 8 August 2012
  • 16 replies

Everytime I run "scan my computer" using the webroot secureanywhere complete I get "4" threats removed (see image). How can I find out which "threats" were removed. I have saved the scan log. Can somebody help me?

Thanks!!
icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 19 June 2013, 06:22

View original

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello tiki_alan and welcome to the Webroot Community Forums!

If you open WSA by double left clicking on the Tray Icon and click on PC Security Tab and then Click on the Quarantine Tab and then click on View Quarantine you will see what's Listed There!

HTH,

TH
Badge +7
BTW, what your seeing in the scan results window is the history of total threats removed, not what it removed during that scan.  
Userlevel 7
I believe you may also check in your account "computer console".

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Thanks ProTruckDriver I never thought to look on the Web Console!

Cheers,

TH
Hi browell,

I'm aware of what I'm seeing is the scan results screen. I guess you didn't really read my question:

>>How can I find out which "threats" were removed. I have saved the scan log. Can somebody help me?
So I ran a scan on my computer again today at 6:26pm I'm still getting 4 items removed (Image 1) (same # as yesterday).I've followed the steps listed in your comment however nothing is listed under that section (see image2)
[img]https://sites.google.com/site/altikisandbox/_/rsrc/1344464292248/home/screen2.png[/img][img]https://sites.google.com/site/altikisandbox/_/rsrc/1344464311931/home/screen3.png[/img]

so I'm worry about these 4 threats comming back and not showing in the quarantine section.... any ideas?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Try this and post back!

TH
Userlevel 7
That may have been what you already did to clear the items. The historical "Threats Removed" info after the scan won't change though based on taking that action. Removing the threats from quarantine won't change that historical indicator.

ProTruckDriver's response, I believe, should be answering your other question regarding "which threats" those were.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Also if you save a scan log you would see something like this in the log. As I get some Spoof email in my inbox with Malware attached!

Mon 06-08-2012 23:31:50.0034    Infection detected: c:usersdanieldownloads20120806-200635_amazon_invoice_n882835.zip/amazon_invoice_n88238835.exe [MD5: 3E70A1E265CD3069D989A92D7072B302] [3/00000021] [W32.Malware.Gen]

TH
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I agree with ProTruckDriver & JimM as the Web Console does show! Did you set yours up if not click Here

TH
@JimM

ohhhhh! I didn't know that the "threats removed" were historical information... I always thought it was based on the scan results! this is nice to know!!!! 

Thanks JimM!

I'm still curious of ProTruckDriver tip... I will save the log and look into it. I will post my findings later on....

Thanks JimM and ProTruckDriver 
This is what it's showing on the account > computer console!! awesome!! Although in reality these files are not trojans... those files are my c++ school homework LOL!

So I'm a newcomer to the comm, but I have a question regarding W32.Malware.Gen

I downloaded a file this morning that had W32.Malware.Gen in it, and Webroot says it removed it. I go to the web console, though, and I see this:

Does this mean that my computer is infected? I've seen the threat in the web console log, but it's not showing up in the quarantine and I'm more than a little bothered. Can someone tell me if W32.Malware.Gen has been removed from the computer??
Userlevel 7
Hello jazz and welcome to the Webroot Community!

Great screen shot.. it tells me a lot.  The number of infected PC's is 0, while the number infected over the last 24 hours is 1.  That means WSA DID remove the infection.

As for finding what the threat was.. you are very close to it right there on that screen shot.  Log back into your Console, and click that button PC Security on your screen shot.

In here, click on the computer that was infected.  

A new mini window will open.  At the top tabs, click on Scan Information.  

In this tab, there will be sub-tabs.  Click on Recent Malicious Filed Detected.

This will show you the history of the last 10 infected files removed by WSA, both the file name and the infection removed.

I hope this helps.  If you have any questions, please let us know!
Userlevel 7
Hello jazz98 and welcome to the community where everyday is a new learning experience.:)
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello jazz98 and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums! ;)

To add what David said you can always Save a Scan Log to see what infections were removed at the bottom of the log.

HTH,

Daniel