Solved

How do I share/email one of the 5 downloaded Secure Anywhere Complete applications to another user?

• 19 November 2016
  • 3 replies

I just purchased and downloaded the Webroot Secure Anywhere Complete with 5 applications.  How do i share those additional applications from the download with users of my choice?
icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 19 November 2016, 22:18

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello dbrmoore4,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Just follow these instructions for each PC.

Please follow the steps below closely in terms of installing WSA on the target system/machine!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online during the install to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE). Let us know if it is the Mac version you need.
  • Install with the new installer, entering your Keycode when prompted to do so in the install process
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot 
Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Hi dbrmoore4

Welcome to the Community Forums.

If I may just add to what Sherry has posted...if you have Complete then you have the Password Manager & Backup and Sync functions...and whoever else you give permission to use your subscription will also have access to those features.

Great...but unless you want those other persons to have complete access to any passwords that you enter or any data that you back up (and vice versa) you need to segregate them from you. Of course, if this 'sharing' is no issue for you or it is what you want then read no further but if it is a concern/something that you want to prevent then read on.

In other words you need to set up yourself, and your other user(s), under the same WSA license, to run/have separate Password Manager accounts?

Well, in that case then you will most likely want to have main Console access and control the whole thing, but to set up the separate account(s):

1. Log into your Account Console
  2. At the upper right, click your email address
  3. Select 'Manage Users'
  4. Check how many user profiles you have already set up here.
I presume that it will currently just be one.  With a multi device/user license, you can have up to the same number of user profiles on that same key code.

If you currently have only one user profile set up, click the 'Create New Users' button.  Each user profile is, just like yours, a specific email address.  Create an additional user for your other user(s).

For this new user profile, once created, go to 'Permissions'.  There you can allow it Console access, or block the user(s) from it. Also, you will need to set the permissions for Passwords, and if you so desire you can also allow the user(s) separate Backup & Sync access as well, in which case they will go into a different Backup & Sync folder and so the other(s) will not be able to access your files or passwords, AND vice versa.

Just a quick note here to advise that, the WSA Backup size allocation is for the license/group and NOT per user.

Further suggestion; that you do not provide Admin Console Access to anyone other than yourself, as that will give them access to make changes (perhaps more pertinent if you want to allow further users to make use of these features).

Well, I hope that the above makes sense, and is of use?  If it is then please do not hesitate to come back here and let us know how you get on or if you have further questions.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Thank you Baldrick for your assistance.  Greatly appreciated!