How do I temporarily disable Webroot Anywhere from starting when my PC boots up?

• 24 November 2015
  • 3 replies

I have a known conflict between Webroot and my LinkSys RE-6500 extender. When I close Webroot, the problem (bad internet stability; frequent loss of internet link) goes away. For now, I am using something else that does not cause the problem. I do not want to uninstall Webroot.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi donharmon

I am afraid that there is no way to achieve this other then tweak in the approrpiate Machine Run - Registry entry...which is not something that we would advocate doing.

You are better served by trying one of both of the following; (i) uninstall/clean install of WSA and/or (ii) Opening a Support Ticket to let the Support Team know of your issue and getting them to investigate this for you if the uninstall/clean install does not help.

To do (i) which is quick and simple please follw these instructions:

• Make sure you have a copy of your Keycode
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and DO NOT import any settings if so offerred; you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
As I said if that does not work then I would open the siupport ticket and go from there.

Regards, Baldrick
OK, thanks. What I will do is rename the webroot exe file "Webroot.xxx" to keep it from starting up and I will submit a support ticket. I doubt a new install will help, because other Webroot users with the LinkSys RE-6500 have this problem, too. I would prefer to stay with Webroot, but other internet protection prgrams are available and for now, I can use Windows Defender.
Userlevel 7
Hi donharmon

I am not sure that doing that will not cause other or knock on issues. Really, uninstalling is quick and simple, as is the reinstall so there is no poiint in doing something that is not advised.

At the very least contact Support first and run your idea past them, then if they say it is OK you have some assurance that you will not be causing yourself additional issues.

Regards, Baldrick