Solved

How to Deactivate a PC that isn't in Console

I have recently replaced both of my computers.  When I look at the Webroot Console it shows three PCs protected.  I have just now installed the software on my new Mac, and have yet to install it on my new PC.  They were both replaced around the same time because they both had hardware issues that were uneconomical to repair.  I only want the new Mac, and eventually the nw PC to show as active.  How do I deactivate the old computers when they don't even show up in the console?
icon

Best answer by MikeR 5 August 2013, 18:43

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
You will not need to deactivate the old Mac in the console in order to use WSA on the new Mac.  Mac's are a bit different, as you know being a Mac and PC user, and one difference at the moment as far as WSA goes is that Mac's dont show up in the Console.

Install it on the new Mac and enjoy!
Let me make this a bit more clear. The console said that there were 3 PCs protected, but when you click on it to see them, only the old PC showed up in the list. I have removed that computer. Now the console main page shows the two PCs are protected, however, there are none in the list when you go into that section to see the activated computers. So far, the only one that should show up is the Mac. I will install on the PC when I get the chance. It will take a while to set up two new computers.
Userlevel 7
PC's wil show up on the Console, and may need to be deactivated.  Macs are different.  Here, this Thread might explain it better than I do!
That link shows something about an incomplete initial scan.  I understand that my Mac will not show up in there now.  But, it still says that two PCs are protected, and I only have the software installed on the Mac, absolutely nothing else.
Userlevel 7
Kendellert, I'm looking at your account on my end, and I'm only showing one computer in the console, and it's the deactivated one.  Could you please send me a private message with the keycodes you have listed in your console so I can be sure I'm looking at the same account you're making reference to?
Userlevel 7
Thanks Jim!  Obviously I misread part of that!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@DavidP1970 wrote:
Thanks Jim!  Obviously I misread part of that!
You're right about Mac's & iPhone app does not show on the online console but I remember seeing that they will show in the console when Webroot updates it with more functionality.

Daniel
Userlevel 7
It appears there is now one PC showing as active. As David mentioned, the Mac is not going to appear in the console.
I assume the landing page is supposed to show how many total licences are being used, but when you enter the PC protection area it only shows the actual PCs, not Macs.
Userlevel 7
At this time, Macs will not show on the online console. Uninstalling the protection from the computer itself will deactivate the seat being used on that particular device.