How to back up password manager

• 24 April 2016
  • 2 replies

HERE WE GO AGAIN CAN NOT USE PASSWORD MANAGER AGAIN. WHY DO I PAY FOR NEW KEYCODES AND WHY CAN'T EVERTHING JUST CHANGES TO NEW KEYCODES????
 I have many keycodes over the years maybe 8 to 10 years.  Well last week webroot removed one of my console from 2013 or 2014,  in 2015 a new console was made because it could not be in 2013/14.
For some reason I could not login to my password manager last week too,  stating a invalited  email??   So I requested a new password for the same email using the same password I was able to open password manager,   Now all of my SAVED password are gone.  Over 120 of them.
So I open webroot support and asked.  I was told that they deleted my console from 2013/14 for security reason??    But my 2011 console is still there.?
Most of them I did not save in any other form.
Todaythey stated to back them up,  so how do you do that.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello webroot4me,

Welcome to the Webroot Community.

Please follow below:

To export data by using the Passwords site:
  1. Log in to my.webrootanywhere.com and click Passwords: [img]http://sw.nohold.net/Webroot/Images/wsa_passwordclickportal.png[/img]  
  2. Under MyIdentity actions, click Export data.  
  3. From the dialog, enter your SecureAnywhere master password and click OK. The Export Data dialog opens, similar to the example below. In this dialog, you can see all the information for your sites, passwords, and Form Fill profiles. [img]http://sw.nohold.net/Webroot/Images/wsa_passwordexport.png[/img]  
  4. Click Save to File or Send to Printer. [list]
  5. If you are saving a file, another dialog opens that allows you to select a file format, then click Export Data.  
  6. If you are printing, your data is saved to an HTML page and another dialog opens where you can select a printer and click OK.
[/list]Hope this helps?
Userlevel 7
Hi webroot4me

Welcome to the Community Forums.

It goes without saying that if you do export/backup your password data externally to the Password Manager then you should make sure that you secure that backup in a place that is secure or that you encrypt the backup file otherwise your data could be vulnerable/accessible by others. ;)

I know that with WSA providing protection this should be a remote possibility but nothing, not even WSA...is 100% all of the time...so precautions when dealing with data exportes, especially where the data concerned is of a sensitive nature, are prudent and advised.

Regards, Baldrick