Solved

How to enable Permanently erase with Webroot?

• 18 August 2018
  • 5 replies

Badge +1
I love the feature of permanentely erase, as it gives me a peace of mind, however, the feauture seems to be missing as of now, how can I enable it?
icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 19 August 2018, 20:40

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Karitora

Welcome to the Community Forums.

The level of 'strength' of the deletion is set by going in to 'Advanced Settings' (top right hand corner of the main panel), and then selecting/clicking on the 'Secure Erase' tab (from the list on the left hand side of the newly displayed panel.

On the next panel displayed you will see a slider which allow the selection of 'strength', i.e., 'Normal', 'Medium, or 'Maximum'.

Set the one that you want (but please make sure that you read and understand the effect of each 'strength'. Click 'Save', and if presented enter the CAPTCHA code, and there after when you right click on an object for deletion and select 'Permanently erase with Webroot' the deletion will take place apply the 'strenght', i.e., number of overwrites that has been set as per the above.

I hope that answers the question? If not then please post back.

Regards, Baldrick

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Just to add here is the info from the online guide: https://docs.webroot.com/us/en/home/wsa_pc_userguide/wsa_pc_userguide.htm#UsingSystemOptimizer/UsingSecureErase.htm%3FTocPath%3DUsing%2520System%2520Optimizer%7C_____4
Badge +1
I have checked the online guide as well, and I can confirm that the secure erase tab does not appear for me, is it possible it's becasue I have internet security plus?
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ wrote:
I have checked the online guide as well, and I can confirm that the secure erase tab does not appear for me, is it possible it's becasue I have internet security plus?
Yes as it's part of the Complete version with System Optimizer. ISP doesn't have that unless to got the Best Buy Subscription service via Geek Squad in the US only. https://www.webroot.com/ca/en/home/products/geeksquad-dl
Badge +1
And that's why I used to have it. Alright, thank you so much for helping me.