I cannot uninstall on my MacBook Pro. Everytime I quit the app it immediately restarts...

• 14 December 2013
  • 5 replies

I am trying to dlete WEBROOT Secure/Anywhere from my MacBook Pro.  It looks as though I am having the very same problem a lot of other people on here are having.

Every time I attempt to manually shut down the application, it reinitiates itself.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello Skyhuntr and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums.

This is not the place to post an issue but I'm sure the Mods will move it to the proper forum. Can you tell us what version of WSA are you using? WSA-AV, WSA-ISP, WSA-Complete?

Can you please Submit a Support Ticket so that they can look into it and troubleshoot and help you uninstall it.

Thanks,

Daniel ;)

I did submit a support ticket... 
I keep getting:The item “Webroot SecureAnywhere.app” can’t be moved to the Trash because it’s open.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I'm sorry I know nothing about Mac's and it's best that Support to help you with this issue.

Thanks,

Daniel
@ wrote:
I keep getting:The item “Webroot SecureAnywhere.app” can’t be moved to the Trash because it’s open.
You need either to login as Root (dangerous) or "sudo" from an Admin account in Terminal to then stop WSA services and delete various WSA related files, kernel extentions etc.

Are you using Mavericks and did you attempt to install/move WSA into a subfolder off of  Applications by any chance?

In any event TH's worthy advice to raise a support ticket is really the only safe process to follow.