Solved

I have 2 strange startup entries called Webroot Installer.

• 19 September 2013
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
I have 2 strange startup entries called Webroot Installer. I have had WSA installed for over a week now.  Can these be removed? What are there location in the registry?

icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 19 September 2013, 02:47

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Without seeing the screenshot, I'm going to take a guess they are for the Webroot add-on in Firefox and IE. They would have FF and IE at the end of them.

I believe they are there just to make sure the plug in's get installed for your browser.
Userlevel 4
Yes, they are for Firefox, and IE now that I look at them. You would think Microsoft could build an OS by now that shows the full file name, and path.  It says runonce so i'm assuming those entries are no longer needed. Could someone confirm this or am I wrong?
Userlevel 7
Hey there!

I am pretty positive what you are seeing is for the Password Manager toolbar. It has to startup and check for any updates that way. Once any updates are finished the processes close.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hi Guys yes they need to be there as someone asked Joe and he said yes so don't remove them! You will only see it with WSA-ISP & Complete for the Password Management.

Daniel ;)

Userlevel 4
Ok, thanks guys! You have been a big help! Sorry for the late reply. My internet often goes out here. My ISP can't seem to fix the problems they have been having for well over a year now.  I miss living closer to civilization.