Solved

I have Webroot Secure Anywhere software which I am assuming catches malware, trojans, etc. I know

• 23 November 2016
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 2
I have Webroot Secure Anywhere Complete software which I am assuming catches malware, trojans, etc.  I know it runs automatically but when my machine runs slow I run it manually.  What it's been doing lately is running to 11%, pausing and then jumping to 71% with nothing in-between.  When it finishes, it says it scanned 8,593 files but I have many more than that on my computer.

Could I have a bug or something Webroot didn't catch?  That would cause it to skip over the bug and cause my machine to run really slow?  

Sincerely,

Rli(Edited out email for security reasons)
icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 23 November 2016, 21:32

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello Margos_puter,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Please look here at this thread: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Complete/scan-is-skipping-over-ROOTKIT/m-p/249641#M17256

And look here: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Complete/scan-is-skipping-over-ROOTKIT/m-p/250034#M17298

If you feel your Computer is running slower after installing Webroot you can try an uninstall/reinstall of Webroot and see if that helps:

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need.
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and do NOT import any settings if offered by the installer as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Please let us know if that resolves your issue? Or you can Submit a Support a Ticket and they will gladly have a look which is free of charge with y6our Webroot susbscription.

Thanks,
Userlevel 2
Thanks all of you who helped.  Glad to know it's normal to jump over parts of my hard drive.  I didn't recently install the webroot software is doing what it's supposed to do.  When I went and look at Install/Uninstall on the Control Panel I see there are 3 copies of webroot in there.  Not sure there is supposed to be that many but I don't know if that's what's causing my problem or not.

More than one problem here.  Also found out my new wireless home phone with a headset conflicts with my router and dumps me off the net.  

If it's not one thing, it's another...

Thanks for your help.

Sincerely,

Please don't post your email address in public
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Margos_puter,

You are most welcome but...

I have not ever seen more then one Webroot Program in the Control Panel/AddRemove/Programs/Uninstall. This does not sound right to me.

Would you Submit a Support Ticket .....unless @ has some advice here?
Userlevel 2
Hi Sherry,

Should I enter a ticket or simply remove all copies of Webroot and reinstall with my Key Code?  Don't want to delete all only to find out I can't get it downloaded again.

Sincerely,

margos_puter
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi there Margos_puter,

Well that's what I would do if it was me is to uninstall...but I cannot promise that you won't encounter some issues. You could try it and see how it goes.  Uninstall the Webroot by dates installed. Then Microsoft Windows just might tell you that Webroot has already been uninstalled and if you want to remove if. So try that and we will be here if you run into any trouble. But it's really up to you if you'd rather contact support. Please get back to us with the results if you want to try this uninstalling/reinstalling.. Ok?
Userlevel 2
Very interesting.  I just went to uninstall all 3 copies of Webroot and two of them are gone even though I didn't do a thing!  I looked at them three different times and saw all three there.

Something is definitely going on with my computer.

Sincerely,

margos_puter
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Margos_puter,

That's very strange. I haven't any idea how 3 copies of Webroot would be installed in the Control Panel. But nevertheless if you think something is going on with your system you can still submit that support ticket and they will have a look for you.

What do you think? Do you think Webroot is causing a slow down in your computer?

Userlevel 2
Hi Sherry,

I really don't know if Webroot is the cause.  My cable internet company was having trouble with their backbone and temporarily changed to a different, slower one but should be back up this past week.  Some of the things going on with my computer are something running in the background that slows things down.  I can hear the motor whirring.  Then when I get into my AOL service, I can get to Yahoo from there sometimes and after going into Yahoo and coming out, then I can't go anywhere on-line - just a header and blank screen.  I can get into Yahoo but can't upload photos - their problem.
Don't know if there's problems between AOL and Yahoo, between my cable internet company and AOL, between my router and computer....  But I did find my telephone dumps me offline pronto if I get anywhere near the computer with the new phone.

So see, there are so many things going on.  And the new Windows 10 makes changes that add things - like causing my AOL to double-load.

I have Supportrix if I just can't figure things out.  They are very good at figuring out what might be causing what.  But I want to isolate it to a specific software if I possibly can before I contact them.  Like if I can either change the frequency on the new phone or change it on the router so I can sit at my computer and talk hands-free with the new phone.

It replaced my old one that died.  I help friends with their computers when I can and have TeamViewer loaded so I can help them by going into their comptuers.  I can fix small things like cleaning out their temporary internet, etc., checking to see why their computer is doing something and then either fixing it or telling them to take it in since they don't have a Supportrix-type service.

Sincerely,

Margo
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Margo,

It does sound like you have alot going on. If you want to see if Webroot is causing any issues usually a uninstall/reinstall can fix things.

It's really hard to tell you if AOL/Yahoo are the culprits. As for your whiring noises ...this can be caused by a number of things. (hardware issues) Try googling that and you might be able to figure out what is wrong. Usually this sound is a DVD drive spinning up. So I can't really answer why this is happening.

Since you have Supportrix then I would contact them about your online issues.

That is awesome that you can help others with TeamViewer!;)

Sorry Margo that I cannot help you more.:(
Userlevel 2
No problem, Sherry.  I appreciate the time you took to help me.

Sincerely,

margos_puter