Solved

I have a problem where my webroot filtering extension for Chrome 1.2.0.56 stopped working.

• 21 August 2016
  • 3 replies

Greetings,

My webfiltering stopped working a day or so ago. I have extension version 1.2.0.56. It is enabled. 

I tried disabling, but it states I cannot. It is being managed from my home webroot console.  I went to the console and changed it from Medium to User managed.  But still not letting me disable or remove.  Any suggestions to fix this please?

Thanks!
icon

Best answer by BurnDaddy 21 August 2016, 23:59

View original

3 replies

Hi ?,

Welcome to the Webroot Community.

When making changes in the Web Console it may take a little while for the changes to make it to the computer in question. That may have something to do with it. But if you still have trouble removing it please try the following;

Follow these steps to disable extensions.
  1. Close all open instances of the browsers
  2. Open the Webroot SecureAnywhere PC agent interface
  3. On the Main screen, click the Advanced Settings button in upper right corner
  4. Select Firewall / Web Shield from the left hand column.
  5. Uncheck the box for Activate browser extensions.
  6. If the Captcha feature is enabled, enter the requested Captcha and press Continue.
  7. Close the settings window using the "X" in the upper right corner.
Upon restart of the browser, the Webroot Web Filtering extension is removed. If not, please try disabling it manually.You will need to recheck this box to enable extensions again, including Password Manager. Hope this info helps. Please let us know if you still need assistance. :) bd
BD,

Thanks for the accurate fix and quick response to my problem!  Working fine now.

Thanks and have a great day!

Regards,

rmel131
Excellent ?, very glad to hear that. You're very welcome.

You have a great day as well, :)

Cheers,

BD