I have a question about installing last pass.

• 21 April 2016
  • 3 replies

Hi Everyone.

My issue is that when ever I turn on my computer I get a message saying Webroot control so that it can install a updatel. When I click yes it turns out that it wants to install the Last Pass. I don't want to install last pass but I can't get the message to stop appearing. Does anyone know how this can be resolved other than letting it install last pass.

John

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello ?

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

You can always disable PWM in your browsers extensions/addons. If you go ahead and install it.or you can remove it from the browser.

Im having the exact same issue. Every time I turn on my computer I'm getting 4 account control warning asking me to install lastpass using webroot signed certificates. I don't know if webroot has teamed up with lastpass or what the deal is but i just want them to stop. So far I've unistalled webroot and reinstalled to see if that fixes it, thinking maybe its an error. I havenever installed lastpass and do not have any password management addons or extensions installed.
Userlevel 7
Hi Chanceg56

Welcome tot he Community Forums.

Sorry to hear about the issues. You are runnng WSA Complete so you will the option to run the Password Manager, and so should have been offered the option to install the relevant WSA extensions in your browser(s). If you have said no to that then fine, but if  not then they are more likely active and you will need to go into the extensions manager for your browser(s) and disable/uninstall them...just in case they have installed 'covertly'.

If you are sure that you have no apparent Password Manager or LastPass-related elements installed (Password Manager is in fact a licensed copy of LastPass, hence the connection) I would Open a Support Ticket to get the Support Team involved to sort out the issue for you as I think that they will need to 'tweak' the startup processes on your system to remove the references to what you are seeing...and that is not something that should be done by the inexperienced.

Hope that helps? Please let is know what they come back with/advise in this matter as such information is very useful to us here in the Community.

Regards, Baldrick