I'm having trouble with the shortcut buttons on my PC Webroot SecureAnywhere console.

• 7 February 2016
  • 3 replies

Hi all,

I'm new to the community.  I'm having a problem with my Webroot SecureAnywhere PC application console. 

When there are options to click on a button (i.e. any  "Learn More"button, "Access Web Console" in My Account, the "Get Customer Support" and "Go to the Webroot Community" buttons in the Support and Community section) nothing happens.  To do anything regarding my account or support / community I have to log onto the Webroot website.

The only button that works on the console is the Scan button which of course is the most important.

Am I missing something?  Is there an update I'm supposed to do?  My account is active so I'm not sure what the problem wiht the console is.

Thank you,
lostmymarbles

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi lostmymarbles

Welcome to the Community Forums.

This is most strange and therefore what I would suggest that you do is an unistall/clean re-install just to make sure that you do not have a faulty installation on your hands.

If you would like to do this then please follow the steps below closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example:SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and do NOT import any settings if offered by the installer; to as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Give that a try and then check the shortcuts once more. If sorted then all well and good but if not then post back here and we willlook at some other avenue to resolve the issue for you.

Regards, Baldrick
Thank you for responding to my dilemma.  I am still having trouble with the non-operational buttons.  There wasn't any option provided regarding importing settings.

Oh, fyi, my husband just installed webroot on his laptop and the buttons work for him.

Userlevel 7
Hi lostmymarbles

Hmmm, this is strange and I am now suspecting that something in relation to your system is causing this issue rather than it being an issue with WSA.

When you click on a URL/ link somewhere else, i.e., in an email for example, does a browser automatically open for you and display the relevant web page?  If not then it would suggest that the issue is with the defaults set in you system around the URL or Internet links. But if other links work from elsewhere then that will not be it.

If the above does not pan out then you best best will be to Open a Support Ticket, to let the Support Team know and to get them to investigate/hopefully rectify the issue for them. Let them know what we have discussed by including a link to this thread in your ticket submission.

And please, as and when you contact them and they sort it for you , please come back and let us know what they did/suggested to do that. Such feedback is very helpful to us in helping Community membes who come here with the sme of similar problem in the future. :D

Thanks in advance.

Regards, Baldrick