I purchased Webroot to get rid of ransomware and locked in ADs still have both

• 28 October 2016
  • 9 replies

I'm not happy with product and after many emails, I gave up

9 replies

Hello jcwray,

Welcome to the Webroot Community.

Unfortunately NO AntiVirus can reverse ransomware after the fact. Had Webroot been installed prior to the ransomware attack you would have been covered, in most cases. If you are having any other trouble, please let us know what it is and we will be glad to try and help you out.

Thanks,
BD

To get rid pf ransomware is WHY I bought your product.. NO ONE told me that
@ wrote:
To get rid pf ransomware is WHY I bought your product.. NO ONE told me that

Where did you purchase Webroot? Who told you Webroot would take care of ransomware after the fact?
Webroot told me.. I contacted them direct

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:

Well that's False! WSA must be installed on a clean PC and even that isn't 100% as no one can do 100% but with WSA there is a better chance to reverse Ransomware.

@ wrote:

Did you contact them at Webroot.com or over the phone? If it was over the phone, can I ask what number you called? I ask because there are a lot of fraudulent telephone numbers on the Web that claim to be Webroot, but aren't

If you had talked to Webroot, I find it hard to believe that if you told them you already had been infected with ransomware that they would tell you that Webroot would get rid of it. It's common knowledge in the security/AV industry that this is not the case. The folks at Webroot are professionals and I don't think they would misrepresent their product just to make a sale.

I would also like to mention that you are posting in the Webroot Community, a Community of volunteers who are knowledgeable Webroot users helping out other users of Webroot. If you would like to contact Webroot directly you can submit a trouble ticket and their support team can also help you out. Webroot carries a 70 day money-back guarantee. If you purchased a valid subscription from Webroot or a reputable retailer you are eligible for a refund.

Hope this info helps,

BD
I have a dozen emails with Webroot finally saying that they would log on to my computer and look at it.. they followed up on NONE of their promises.. Sorry but that's the truth.. I rely on experts to get things done like I have for 45 years in business.. This customer service directly with Webroot was nonexistent..
on webroot.com and then by phone
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Hi jaycwray, welcome to the Community. Webroot.com is the Looooooooooooong way around to our Support desk! And if you do indeed have a webroot keycode/license then support is in your corner. No one at Webroot would have informed you that already installed ransomware would be corrected by installing Webroot after the fact. Please provide us with the phone number that you called for support.