Solved

I received notifications from HP and Skype to change my set up, and wonder if they are legit.

• 29 June 2015
  • 4 replies

Good morning all:

After a recent problem with "MIcrosoft" false message (scam), I am now wondering if  two messages I received on my computer are legitimate.
First one came from Skype and it asked me that,  if I wanted to continue to use Skype  I had to click on a link they provided in order to be able to use Skype after July 7th. The second came from HP telling me what my user name is -was the correct username just spelled differently with lower case and capital letters-  and to enter a new password which HP provided in order to be able to use my scanner with my computer. Can anyone help me figure these two out, please? Thanks
icon

Best answer by JamesG 1 July 2015, 16:56

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello @,

Both of those sound like phishing emails.

The best way to find out would be to take a screenshot of both and send them to the proper channels, but I am pretty sure that is a phishing attempt.

Best Regards,
Hello James G., Thanks for your response. I was afraid that it was another phishing party. Thanks for your input.
Best regards.
Arnold
Userlevel 7
Arnold,

You are most certainly welcome!

I hope you have a great day/evening!

Please do not hesitate to let us know if you ever have any questions or concerns. We are here to help!

Warm Regards,
Dear James:

You are correct!  The Webroot Community has indeed been most helpful.
Cheers.
Arnold.