INTERNET SLOWDOWN WITH WEBROOT

• 22 August 2013
  • 2 replies

So Prevx just recently changed my internet protection to webroot and now I have encountered a definite slowdown in my internet browsing. It takes close to 30 secs to display a webpage.  Unbelievable!   Are there settings I can change to make browsing faster like it was before webroot?  I'm really unhappy.  This is why I dropped webroot a few years ago.  This is EXTREMELY frustrating. 

2 replies

Userlevel 7
The software from a few years ago certainly could have caused that kind of behavior because at the time we were still using old-school technology that was quite a bit bulkier than what we are using today.  The software in use today however is actually based on Prevx technology, which is why you were transitioned to Webroot.  Webroot SecureAnywhere is essentially Prevx 4, and it's designed by the same development team with much of the same feature sets.  It really shouldn't be slowing down your browser at all, and I'm surprised to hear that.

The first thing we'd want to check is to see if Webroot truly is at the heart of the problem.  Please try loading a site that you frequent quite often and observe how long it takes to load.  Then, disable Webroot in your system tray, and reload the same site.  Then please re-enable Webroot so you will remain protected.  If the time difference is noticeable, we'll likely want to investigate to see what's going on there.  However, first, please uninstall and reinstall WSA.  Be sure you have your keycode handy prior to uninstalling.  It can be viewed by opening My Account in the WSA interface.  If at that point you're still experiencing a slowdown issue, we'll need to get some logs to get a deeper look at why it's going slow.  At that point, I'd suggest opening a support case for log collection.  Please let us know what happens when you try these things.  🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello leslie01 and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums.

Can you open the Main interface and click on My Account and please copy the keycode to Notepad or Wordpad and save it as it would of changed during the upgrade to WSA. Then can you please Download a fresh copy Here and after you have done that please Uninstall WSA and Reboot and install WSA with the new installer and use your new keycode to activate and let it do it's install scan and let us know if the browser speed improved?

Thanks,

Daniel

EDIT: Then you can do what Jim suggested if it hasn't improved.  🙂