Identity Shield blocking communication with ShareMouse

• 12 August 2016
  • 1 reply

I have SecureAnywhere and ShareMouse 3.0.47 pro installed on Windows 10 and ShareMouse installed on OSX 10.11.5.

On the Windows system with the mouse and keyboard attached, launch Chrome and put focus into the browser (click on the scrollbar, etc.) Without changing the focus, move the mouse over to the OSX system and click into a text entry control. Try typing different characters.

Result: Alpha and number characters are ignored on OSX. If you actually put the Windows focus on a text field in Chrome (eg. in the address bar) you'll see these characters appear in Windows, even though you are trying to type on the Mac. Oddly, not all of the characters have this behavior. It appears to only effect alphas and numbers as other characters (symbols, etc) do appear on the Mac.

If I disable Identity Shield in SecureAnywhere, then everything works properly.  If I remove focus from Chrome, keystrokes are also transferred properly.

I have tried "allowing" all instances of Chrome and Sharemouse in the Application Protection tab of Identity Protection but the only thing that works is totally turning off identity shield. 

Is there anything I can do without having to resort to disabling an important feature like this?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello liquidate,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Sorry to hear you are having issues with the Identity Shields.

My best advice would be to Submit a Support ticket and Support can correct this for you buy whitelisting ShareMouse.

This is of course a free service with a Webroot susbscription.

Hope this helps?